Wireless headphones that have a microphone can be extremely important to some people. Having the ability to use your hands freely while talking on the phone can benefit anyone. Regardless if you’re working or working out, that built-in mic can come in handy. Today we see a lot of earbuds that promise to have the best built-in mic, but how do we know if these headphones actually stand up to the test?
We took a look at ten of the best earbuds with a mic to see which ones actually came to play. Here is a guide of ten of our favorite earbuds with a mic and why they are perfect for you.
Table of Contents
1. Apple AirPods Pro
- Active noise cancellation for immersive sound
- Transparency mode for hearing and connecting with the world around you
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit
- Sweat and water resistant
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear
The Apple AirPods Pro has a nice, lightweight headphone that works well for any situation. They include an active noise0cancelling feature that can really help someone who needs the headphones for work. The AirPods aren’t the best of the best out there, but they are a great wireless earbud that exceeds the standard.
The headphones are ultra-compact and lightweight, perfect for anyone who needs to wear them for long periods of time. The ear tips are made out of silicon, which makes them fit comfortably and easily in your ear. The Apple AirPods come with three different tip options, so they can fit in any ear type. The outside of the AirPods are a hard, white plastic. The color is nice but it can show dirt and grime easily. The case to carry your AirPods doubles as a charging case and is made from the same material.
The AirPods Pro have a great sound, especially when you compare them to the last version of the AirPods. The pro has more bass then normal which some people might enjoy. The drivers and noise-isolating feature is what causes the bass to be loud and punchy. The clarity and definition on the AirPods can be a little better and competitor headphones do offer a better sound quality.
The battery life for the Apple AirPod Pro is around four and a half hours. That is a little low when it comes to an earbud but you do have to consider the noise-canceling feature that plays a part. If you lower your volume while listening with your earbuds you can squeeze out a little more life from your battery before needing a charge. You also have the option of getting a quick charge and with a 5-minute charge your earbuds will last another hour for playback.
When it comes to making a call, the Apple AirPods Pro deliver. The earbuds are great at noise-reduction when you’re on a call, especially when it comes to the wind. Ear bud contains a microphone and one is a beamforming mic that is designed to pick up your voice. Listening to calls is simple with these headphones as well, so you can clearly hear your conversation.
The Apple AirPods Pro are great for making calls and using a mic. The battery life can be a little better, as well as, the sound quality but if you need them strictly for business they’ll work just fine.
2. Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2
- Diamond-Enhanced Sound: Liberty Air 2 wireless earphones take advantage of the ultra-light, yet rigid structure of diamonds to create a driver dome that maintains its rigidity, even when vibrating at high frequencies. The diamond drivers increase the sound frequency bandwidth by 15% and deliver 2× the amount of bass.
- Perfect for Home Offices: Each earbud is equipped with two microphones and cVc 8.0 noise reduction technology. Environmental noises are reduced by 60%, while 95% of your voice is retained so you sound louder and clearer on the other end.
- 4 Microphones with cVc 8.0 Uplink Noise Cancellation: Each earbud is equipped with two microphones that utilize the latest cVc 8.0 noise reduction technology. When making a call, environmental noises are reduced by 60%, while 95% of your voice is retained so you sound louder and clearer on the other end.
- Up to 28 Hours of Playtime*: A single charge gives you a full 7 hours of listening, while the charging case extends it to 28 hours of playtime. And when the case needs a power boost, simply set it down on a wireless charger.
- HearID Technology: Take the test to create a custom set of EQ settings that are optimized for your ears. HearID maps your hearing sensitivity at multiple frequencies and intelligently analyzes the results to give you a truly personalized listening experience.
If you’re in need of an affordable pair of ear buds with a mic, the Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 are for you. The battery life is great for these ear buds and they are perfect for making business calls. The wireless buds also have a water proof feature which is great for sweaty gym sessions and fit the ears well. There are loads of amazing features as well, which makes these buds the full package.
Although the ear buds don’t offer an noise-canceling feature, the tight fit you get with them does offer some noise reduction. The ear buds have a nice, slick matte finish on both buds and the charging case. For some this might not be a big deal, but they do look stylish. The headphones come in black, which is nice since it won’t show dirt or grime.
The buds each have volume control on them. The touch controls is what set these buds apart for the Apple AirPods and the tap or hold function makes it easy to change the volume on your music.
For an affordable ear bud, the sound is pretty good. The boost is present and the midrange is good. The bass adds a punch and there is some dynamic sound. The sound overall can be a little smoother but overall the Soundcore does have a good sound that is pleasant to listen to.
The battery life for these ear buds are 7 hours, which is an improvement from the 5 hours they once had.
When it comes to making a phone call, the Anker Soundcord Libery Air 2 knows where it is at. The call quality is amazing and the ear buds have four microphones total. These microphones makes phone calls a lot simpler and your caller can hear you even when you’re walking around a busy street. Background noise is almost gone when you use these headphones and honestly, there isn’t a lot to complain about when it comes to the microphone.
These are a great pair of headphones to get if you are serious about the calls you’re making. The four microphones makes it easy to use them on a call and the fit acts like a noise-reduction feature, which is nice.
3. Jabra Elite 75t
- WIRELESS EARBUDS - The Jabra Elite 75t is engineered to fit. Making and taking calls is always a great experience, wherever you are, thanks to enhanced 4-microphone call technology which filters out wind and other disruptive noises around you.
- COMPACT COMFORT - Designed and tested for a secure fit, the Jabra Elite 75t features a new smaller design that provides an ideal fit for every type of ear while the ergonomic shape makes them exceptionally comfortable. Operating range - Up to 10 meters
- NO AUDIO DROPOUTS - With Jabra 4th generation true wireless connection, your music and calls will be stable, with no wires to get in the way. With these Bluetooth earbuds, you can enjoy conversations and music with no audio dropouts or interruptions.
- PERSONALIZE YOUR SOUND - Listen to your music exactly the way you want with a customizable equalizer built in to the Jabra Sound+ App. Whether you want to boost the bass or turn up the treble, you can adjust the levels so your music will always sound exactly how it should.
- UP TO 7.5 HOURS OF USE - With Jabra Elite 75t wireless Bluetooth earbuds, you get more power and more freedom from a battery you can rely on, with up to 7.5 hours on a single charge. Plus, the handy charging case gives you a total of up to 28 hours battery.
The Jabra Elite 75t is a true wireless headphone and a fan favorite. The headphones offer an improved bass and fit most ears comfortably. There is a boosted battery life that comes with these headphones and the charging case has a fun unique feature. The drivers are the same in the 75t as they were in the 65t, which could cause the earbuds to be a little big for some people. Equipped with Bluetooth 5.0, your battery life will improve on these buds and wireless connection is almost effortless.
Overall, the Jabra Elite 75t are on the smaller side of buds. The buds have a good hold in your hear and the snug fit helps reduce outside noise. These buds are on the lighter side and have a discreet look to them if that is something you’re worried about. The ear tips are made from silicone and nicely dip into your ear for a good but comfortable fit.
The charging case is also on the smaller side. It includes a magnetic feature that keeps your buds securely in the case, so even if you drop them your buds aren’t going anywhere. The charging case has a flat bottom, allowing you to lay it down horizontally if you want to. THey comes with a IP55 water-resistance rating, which is good for workouts or if it rains.
The headphones come with a HearThrough transparency mode that allows ambient sound in. You can activate it with a press of the left ear bud and change it with the app. If sound quality is important to you, you might want to change the EQ settings in the app. This can allow for a smoother sound then what comes with the headphones. Overall, the sound is good for all types of music and the clarity is good. The bass is punchy and defined and the sound is lively and dynamic.
Jabra offers 7.5 hours of battery life with these headphones, similar to the Anker Soundcore ear buds. If the volume is at a moderate level you could get a little more time out of these buds. The charging case does add an additional 20.5 hours of battery life if it is fully charged.
The headphones have four microphones withing them, two in ear ear bud. The location of the microphones are on the front and back of each bud, making calling easier. Callers can clearly hear you when making calls with these ear buds but the background sound isn’t as muffled when compared to other headphones. Jabra does offer three sidetone features with the buds and you can adjust those levels in the app that comes with the headphones.
We enjoyed the features that came with these ear buds and the four microphone option. Although background noise is apparent during a phone call, we still had overall good calls and sound with them.
4. Plantronics BackBeat Pro 5100
- RICH, IMMERSIVE SOUND: Powerful 5.8 mm drivers and a snug, noise isolating eartip design design deliver crisp highs, natural mid-tones, and deep bass in a lightweight, tiny true wireless form factor for long-lasting comfort
- NOISE-CANCELING MICS: Cancel disruptive background noise with four noise-canceling mics while our exclusive WindSmart technology detects wind and responds accordingly so your voice comes through clear, especially outdoors
- SMART SENSORS: Smart sensors seamlessly route your calls to whichever truly wireless earbud you pick up, so you can use left, right or both. They also automatically pause or resume your media as you remove or put them back in
- UP TO 19.5 HOURS OF POWER: Wireless earbuds have up to 6.5 hours of listening and 4 hours of talk time on a single charge. Plus the sleek, pocket-size charging case offers up to 13 extra hours of listen time
- SWEAT- AND WATER- RESISTANT: Sweat-resistant and IP54-rated water-resistant design means you can take calls or listen to music on your Bluetooth earbuds anytime, anywhere - even in rain and humidity
The BackBeat Pro 5100 is the first truly wireless headphones for Plantronics and competes well against other big headphone brands. It’s one of the best wireless headphones for making phone calls and the design incorporates an ear hook. The earphones stay well on your ears during vigorous activities but they also don’t cost as much as other brands.
The earphones secure to your hear by a hook that is lightweight and durable. The ear hooks are smaller then normal hooks, which might make them a little more comfortable to wear. The design includes a noise-isolating feature that helps improve sound quality. If having a compact headphone is important then the BackBeat Pro is good for you. These headphones are pocket friendly and even with the case they’re not too bulky.
The drivers for these headphones allow the sound quality to be good and have an awesome bass.
The battery life for these headphones last around 6.5 hours, which isn’t horrible but we have seen better. The lower your volume is the better batter life you can have from your headphones. The charging case can also give you an additional 13 hours of playback. The case also charges via a micro-UBS and not a USB-C cable, if that makes any difference to you.
The headphones preform great for making calls. Callers remark that there only hear a small amount of background noise and street sound is minimal.
5. Beats Powerbeats Pro
- Totally wireless high-performance earphones in black
- Up to 9 hours of listening time (more than 24 hours with charging case)
- Adjustable, secure-fit ear hooks for lightweight comfort and stability
- Reinforced design for sweat & water resistance during tough workouts or running
- Volume & track controls on each earbud, voice capability, and auto play/pause
The Beats Powebeats Pro are a solid Bluetooth headphone that’s great to add to your collection. The headphones fit securely in your ears and the wireless connection is a game changer. For iOS users, you can use voice recognition to activate Siri as well. Each ear bud also have buttons so you can control music playback if you want to. The new Apple H1 chip that supports Bluetooth 5 makes these headphones worth the price.
These headphones come with four different silicon tip options, so most likely one will work for you. If the ear tips work for you then you get a pretty snug fit that can last through a workout or a busy commute. They come with an IPX4 water rating, mean they are splash proof but not water proof. One downside to the headphones is the bulky carrying case. This guy is not pocket friendly by any means. The case isn’t heavy but it is significantly bigger then the competitors.
The case also does not offer wireless charging. You can charge your headphones in the case though via a lightning cable.
These Beats come with an upgraded piston driver that is said to cut down on distortion. The sound comes out rich and cleaner with the help of the drivers and you get a powerful bass. The headphones do let in a lot of ambient noise though, due to the fit, which could hinder your sound experience. The treble was a okay, it could be a little bright on certain tracks but it wasn’t something that turner us off from these headphones.
The headphones come with a 9 hour listening time which is amazing for an ear bud style headphone. With the charging case you can get an extra 15 hours of listening time, expect you can’t wireless charge the headphones in the case. The headphones have a quick charge feature and with a 5 minute charge you get an additional hour and a half playback. A 15 minute charge will gain you four and a half hours on listening time. The headphones automatically turn off once you drop them in the case as well.
If you liked using the AirPods for making calls, you’ll be happy with the Powerbeats since it has the same technology. There are two beam-forming microphones in each earbud, as well as, speech-detecting accelerometer that helps pick your voice up better. Callers will be able to hear you clearly and background noise doesn’t seem to be an issue during phone calls.
Although these headphones are on the pricier side, we still like them. The new H1 chip makes pairing to Bluetooth a snap and making phone calls is easy and simple. The fit could be a little better for the price but there are much worse headphones out there when it comes to a good fit.
6. Amazon Echo Buds
- Immersive sound - Premium speaker drivers deliver crisp, dynamic audio. Bose Active Noise Reduction Technology and sealed in-ear design limits background noise.
- Hands-free with Alexa - Echo Buds work with the Alexa app to stream music, play Audible audiobooks, make calls, or get directions-just ask.
- Access other assistants - Supports access to Siri or Google Assistant from a supported device-just press and hold your earbud.
- Long-lasting battery - Get up to 5 hrs music playback per charge, up to 2 hrs with a 15-min quick charge, and up to 20 hrs with the charging case.
- Customizable fit for better sound - 3 sizes of ear tips help form a comfortable in-ear seal for immersive listening.
If you want your wireless headphones to work with Alexa, look no further then the Amazon Echo Buds. The earphones have noise-reduction technology and they’re sweat resistant. The ear buds always have Alexa on and they fit well and comfortably for most people. The headphones are equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 and overall the wireless performance is good. When we put the BLuetooth to the test we had next to no dropouts or interference, which was nice.
These ear buds are pretty standard when you look at them compared to similar brands. The charging case is slightly bulky but still small enough to fit inside of your pocket. The bud looks standard but does seem to have a tough build and they feel substantial when you compare them to a budge friendly alternative. If you like a little more style or punch to your headphones though, you won’t get it with these.
The fit is good and overall the headphones don’t bulge out of your ears. They come with three options on ear tips and wingtips, so everyone can have a nice git. Usually with the correct tips you can get a tight seal which will help with your sound quality.
The sound isn’t the shining star feature with these headphones. We aren’t saying it was bad but it could be better. The sound had a decent clarity but if you love bass, these are not the headphones for you. They’re equipped with Knowles dual balance armature drivers and you can slightly tweak the sound in your favor with the EQ settings in the Alexa app but nothing too significant to make a difference. The sound isn’t a wow factor but it does offer a pleasant listening experience overall.
The headphones come with a 5 hour battery life, standard for ear buds. If you do a 15 minute quick charge you can gain an additional 2 hours of listening time. The case doubles as a charging case and has three additional charges with it, so it will be rare that you run out of juice using your headphones.
The call quality with these headphones are great. There are three microphones on each ear bud and they have the Bose noise-reduction technology. Callers will be able to hear a little background noise but nothing too horrible or interrupting. The headphones come with a sidetone feature that will allow you to hear your voice inside the earphones, so beware of that as well.
Overall these are a good pair of headphones to own. They don’t cost as much as the Apple AirPods but the sound quality is a little disappointing. If you love using your Alexa and want to be able to do more with it, then these are a good pair to own.
7. Sony WF-1000XM3
- Industry leading noise canceling with HD Noise Canceling Processor QN1e
- 24bit Audio signal processing delivers dramatically improved sound quality
- Battery life up to 24 hours with carrying case (with 10min quick charge for 90min of play time)
- Truly wireless design with uninterrupted L/R simultaneous Bluetooth transmission
- Alexa enabled for voice access to music, information, and more. Activate with a simple touch.
Sony has always been a powerhouse when it comes to a wireless headphone. The Sony WF-1000XM3 has a built-in active noise cancellation feature and they are pretty great when it comes to the technology aspect of things. The headphones offer amazing sound and have a great battery life. The Sony WF-1000XM3 are Bluetooth enabled and allows for a great wireless option free from hiccups and dropouts.
For ear buds these are a little larger but they still fit really well. Sony describe their headphones are a clean, minimalist look with a high-end finish. Personally we think the headphones have a nice elegant look to them even with the larger size. The headphones come in two colors as well, black and white, so if that feature is important to you then you’ll like your options. The case is magnetic and safely holds your headphones when they’re not in use.
With the help of a Bluetooth chip, your sound is pretty amazing with these headphones. Sound is crisp and clear when listening to music and the bass is punchy. The active noise-cancelling feature allows you to be fully immersed in whatever you need your headphones for, phone calls or music, but they also offer a transparency mode. This mode allows you access to hearing the sounds around you, even with the headphones in so you’re safe during a commute or long jog.
Battery life is also a game changer with these headphones. They offer a solid 6 hours of battery life if you’re using the noise-cancellation feature but with that turned off you get 8 hours. The carrying case doubles as a charging case and will give you three full charges. With that you get 32 hours on playtime or 24 hours with the noise-cancellation turned on.
Voice quality is clear when taking calls and you have the option of using one ear bud or both to talk. Calls can be heard even in the nosiest of environments as well, making them great for business calls.
These are a great pair of wireless headphones to own. The technology with them is awesome and although they cost a little more then other wireless headphones, the features you’re getting are worth the price your paying.
8. Samsung Galaxy Buds
The Samsung Galaxy Buds have a luxurious feel and great battery life. The sound quality with these headphones is pretty good and they are comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
The design of these headphones are great and they have an ergonomic fit. They are designed for the person on the go and have built-in earfins to help you achieve a solid fit. If you workout, they are sweat proof so no need to worry there. The carrying case if a great feature with these headphones. It is on the smaller side of carrying cases and easily fits into your pocket with no issues. The ear buds do have a touch-sensitive surface, so you can change volume or skip tracks.
Samsung included an acoustic specialist with AKG sound to give you the best experience with your buds. Your sound will be rich with a high resolution, like you’re watching a live show. They also feature a transparency mode so you can be aware of your surroundings when the headphones are in.
The battery life is pretty standard with these headphones, coming in at 6 hours of playback. The carrying case does double as a charging case but due to its smaller size it can only hold on additional charge for the headphones, unlike others which offer two or three charges for your headphones.
The buds contain four microphones, two on the interiors and two on the exterior, to allow your voice to be heard during calls. The ambient noise reduction feature does help callers not hear the background noise while talking on the phone.
Overall these are a good headphone to own, especially when you get them free with your Galaxy device. The sound quality is good and the Bluetooth connection is good but can be flaky at time.
9. T5 True Wireless Earphones
- TRUE COMFORT: Klipsch patented oval ear tips give you ultimate comfort and an excellent seal for noise isolation and superior bass.
- TRUE PERFORMANCE: Experience the legendary, detailed and dynamic Klipsch sound
- TRUE INDEPENDENCE: No wires, 8-hour battery and seamless connection to the digital assistant of your choice.
- TRUE YOU
- Includes an industry-best TWO-YEAR Manufacturer's warranty
The T5 True Wireless Earphones have a sleek and elegant design that fashion forward people might enjoy. Besides their look, the sound quality for these headphones are great and the carrying case looks pretty cool. The headphones come with an app that can help your experience and they true contain no wires which is nice. They come with an IPX4 water resistance, so that comes in handy to a lot of people looking for a good headphone.
First off, you can get these headphones custom engraved to make an even bigger statement. They have a retro look to them and their oval ear tips make them more comfortable to wear but also seal in the sound. The headphones can also rotate a full 360 degrees so you can obtain that perfect fit you’ve been looking for. If the carrying case is important, it looks like an old Zippos lighter, so you might be into that or not so much.
The headphones come with a noise isolation feature that allows you to have an even better listening experience. Bass has a punch and the sound is clear and smooth, so most people will find the sound to be satisfactory.
These headphones offer a great battery life, coming in at hours per charge. The carrying case doubles as a charging case and will give your headphones an additional 24 hours of juice if it is fully charged. They also come with a quick charge option and with a 15 minute quick charge you get two hours of additional listening.
The call quality with theses headphones are great. These headphones have built in controls for the volume, track control, play/pause, and voice assistant which makes them easier to use. The T5 True Wireless headphones are equipped with four mics to give you the best call experience.
For the more fashion forward person, these headphones are great for you. They come with a fashionable appearance and all the accessories add to that. Calling and sound are also ideal with these headphones but they are a little more pricey then competitor headphones.
10. Jabra Evolve 65t
The Jabra Evolve 65t were made for people who need them for conference calls or business meetings. You can use them for Skype calls and they are UC-certified. The headphones come with a number of customization options, which is great for microphones.
Depending on your ears, these headphones can be a little bulky but overall they can offer a comfortable fit. They are slightly larger for ear buds in general and they can slightly protrude from your ears. The headphones come with three ear tip options, that way they give a comfortable seal for everyone. The case is small and fits well in the pocket and will help protect your ear buds from any damage.
The frequency repose for these headphone are great and you will get a constant bass and treble if you have a tight fit. The mids and treble are also pretty good and overall if you have a good fit with these ear buds, you’re going to get a good sound.
The battery life is 6 hours on a single charge but the carrying case can give you extra juice when needed. With the carrying case you get an additional two charges and a total of 18 hours listening time.
The microphone performance for the Jabra headphones are similar to most. Callers can hear you in quieter situations but you might have some issues on the subway or train.
Overall Jabra is always a great headphone to lean towards. These are perfect for in office meetings or quieter situations where you need to chat. The sound is great and the battery life is impressive for an ear bud headphone.
There you have it, ten of our favorite wireless headphones with a mic. Which one is your winner?