Purchasing a pair of wireless headphones are an investment. You can clearly see the difference between a $40 pair of wireless headphones and a $350 pair of wireless headphones. One huge factor in choosing your wireless headphone is the longevity of the battery life.
When it comes to battery life in a wireless headphone, you’re probably wondering how it works. With a wireless headphone, they get their power from their own built-in rechargeable battery. With an over-ear headphone, there is plenty of space for a large battery, plus a charger via a USB cable. Most of these over-ear headphones offer a battery life of 20 to 30 hours.
Bluetooth earbuds, on the other hand, have a smaller battery life. Earbuds usually can last around eight hours and offer a charge through a USB cable. If your earbuds are separate and in no way connected by a cord can typically last between three to five hours. These types of headphones come with their own unique charging case, in which you can charge the earbuds on the go for an additional charge and use.
There are a handful of things that can also affect the battery life of your wireless headphones. One of the biggest is your volume level. The louder your music is playing, the shorter your battery will last. When looking at a manufacture spec sheet, the headphone might say they offer a 25-hour battery life, but that is reflecting optimal conditions, instead of real-world use. Keep that in mind.
We understand that battery life is essential when it comes to picking your wireless headphones, and we did a little research to find the top ten wireless headphones that have the best battery life.
Table of Contents
- Wireless, on the go design delivers the same critically acclaimed sonic performance as the original ATH M50x Professional studio Headphones
- Touch control provides convenient access to voice assist. Sensitivity - 99 dB/mW. Impedance - Impedance
- Mic and button controls built into the ear cup allow for easy handling of calls, music playback and volume adjustment
- Proprietary 45 millimeter large aperture drivers deliver exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Includes 30 centimeter (1.0 feet) USB charging cable and carrying pouch; Magnet: neodymium
The Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT has an excellent battery life when it comes to a wireless headphone. They can provide up to 40-hours of playback on a single charge, which is typically more then what someone needs. The headphones are not noise-canceling, but they do offer a noise isolation mode that helps minimize the sounds around you. They come with a professional grade ear pad and headband material for optimal use and durability, providing your with lasting comfort.
The charging power is a downer, though when it comes to these headphones. It can take 7 hours from the headphones to go from 0% to 100%, which is a decent amount of time. If you can live with having to charge your headphones overnight, these ones are $150 cheaper then what Sony has to offer. Also, the battery life will rapidly decreased your battery usage, so beware of that when using the headphones.
Sony 1000MX3 Wireless Headphones
- Digital Noise Canceling: Industry Leading Anc Lends a Personalized, Virtually Soundproof Experience
- Voice Assistant: Alexa Enabled for Voice Access to Music, Information and More. Activate with a Simple Touch
- Quick Attention Mode: Cover the Right Ear Cup to Turn Down Your Music for Instant, Easy Conversation
- Smart Listening: Adjusts the Ambient Sound to Your Activity to Give You the Best Noise Cancellation
- Touch Controls: Control Music Tracks and Volume, Activate Your Voice Assistant and Take Phone Calls
Coming in with 30-hour battery life, these headphones are not only useful when it comes to a longer battery life, but they are also the king of noise canceling. Although they do have a shorter battery life than others on this list, the charging power is great, and they will go from 0% to 100% in no time.
If you want a headphone that has a tone of features, are noise canceling, and have a good battery life, the Sony 1000MX3 is your best option. They are on the pricer side when it comes to wireless headphones but trust us; they are worth the price.
Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- High-performance wireless Bluetooth headphones in matte black
- Features the Apple W1 chip and Class 1 wireless Bluetooth connectivity
- With up to 40 hours of battery life, Beats Solo3 wireless is your perfect everyday headphone
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- With Fast Fuel, 5 minutes of charging gives you 3 hours of playback when battery is low
Beats are proving to be more than a fashion piece, and today are offering a great pair of wireless headphones. The Beats Solo3 offers a 40-hour continuous use battery life with a Fast Fuel charging, meaning even when your headphones die, you can have them up and running again pretty fast. Charge your headphones for five minutes and they will be up and running again for three hours of playback even when the battery is low. The Beats Solo3 also has an adjustable fit and comfort-cushioned ear cups that make it easy to wear for long periods of time.
The noise-canceling feature is great when it comes to the Beats Solo3, but if you do have that feature in use, it will knock about 8 hours off your battery life, so be prepared when using your headphones. These headphones are also stylish and come in four colors including yellow, red, navy, and white, or you can have a few customizable options like Mickey Mouse.
Cowin E7 Active Noise Canceling Bluetooth Headphones
- Professional Active Noise Cancelling Technology. Significant noise reduction for travel, work and anywhere in between. Advanced active noise reduction technology quells airplane cabin noise, city traffic or a busy office, makes you focus on what you want to hear,enjoy your music, movies and videos. The noise cancellation function can work well both in wire and wireless mode.
- Proprietary 40mm Large-aperture Drivers. Deep, accurate bass response. The Active Noise Cancelling around-ear headphones from COWIN give you crisp, powerful sound and quiet that helps you enjoy your music better. The goal that provide Customers with better sound quality, is our constant pursuit.
- High-quality Built-in Microphone and NFC Technology. COWIN E7 provides high-quality built-in microphone for hands-free calls, Which is convenient for you to free yourself from wires. NFC pairing aided by voice prompts, promises quick and stable connection with your Bluetooth enabled devices, Powerful Bluetooth Function.
- The Professional Protein Earpad and 90° Swiveling Earcups. More durability and comfort, Enjoy high-quality, Long-listen comfort. Skin texture, lightweight comfortable around-ear fit you can wear all day long. Gentle Reminder: please take off the headphone every 2-3 hrs to get your ears relax, in order to get better hearing enjoyment, and keep the head comfortable.
- 30 Hours Playtime Per Charge at Bluetooth Mode. A built-in 600mAh battery won't allow your headphones power off, you can enjoy your world without noise for 30 hours' long time. Don't need to worry the power shortage problem on the long travel. 18-month warranty and quick response & friendly customer service. Note: The exclusive authorized seller is COWIN.
With the Cowin E7 headphones, you’re going to get the best listening experience that is available. Their headphones have a significant noise-reduction technology that is aimed for people who have to work on planes or trains. The battery life for these headphones is 30-hours of continuous playback per charge in a wireless mode. If you want to preserve the battery, you can still use the headphones in a wired mode as well.
Due to the 600 mAh battery, the Cownin E7 can have the longevity that we need in a wireless headphone. The headphones do offer a noise-canceling option, but it doesn’t allow you to hear the outside noise around you. The headphones also come with a built-in microphone that allows for hands-free calling and it has Bluetooth functions, meaning you can use things like Siri with the headphones on.
Kimitech Active Noise Canceling Bluetooth Headphones
- 【IMPRESSIVE SOUND QUALITY】- This item is passive noise isolating, NOT active noise cancellation(ANC), it can't cancel the noise completely but it won't drain the battery and damage the sound. As an additional factor of sound quality, it is better than ANC. The closed-back design provides immersive Hi-Fi sound with CSR chip and 40mm driver together.
- 【BUILT TO STAY COMFORTABLE】- The Memory-protein ear cushion simulate human skin texture, ensuring lasting comfort. The stainless steel slider and softly padded headband allows you to find the perfect fit without constraint and provide excellent durability.
- 【NEVER POWER OFF】- The wireless mode: A built-in 420mAh battery provides up to 8-hr music time/10-hr talking time in a single charge; The Wired mode: you can also use it as a wired headphone with the provided audio cable so the headphones will never power off.
- 【HANDS-FREE CALL & BUILT-IN MIC】- Please Note: The Microphone only works in the wireless mode. Mpow Bluetooth headphones provide a quick and stable connection with your Bluetooth enabled devices like cell phones, tablets, pc, TVs within 33 feet, with a high-quality built-in microphone for hands-free calls.
- 【FOLDABLE DESIGN】- The foldable Headband is not only designed for saving your desk space but for carrying in the provided bag. Gentle Reminder: Depending on your head/ear size/shape, it may be a little tight(feels like"on ear") for someone to wear which is designed to avoid sound leakage.
The Kimitech Wireless Headphones come with a high capacity 600 mAh battery that gives you a continuous 30-hour battery life when fully charged. The headphones also offer a noise-canceling option that helps their 40 mm premium driver units and give you a better listening sound. They offer a comfortable fit for long uses and are equipped with top-quality protein ear cushions. They promise a 24-hour wear period with no discomfort to your head or ears.
The earmuffs are extra padded, so you can have lasting comfort no matter how long you decide to wear them. There is also a 1-year free refund guarantee if anything happens to your headphones. The headphones also come with built-in mic and Bluetooth function, perfect for hands-free calling. Along with Bluetooth controls, the headphones are equipped with buttons to change the song, take calls, or change the volume, all without having to use your device.
Sennheiser HD 4.50 Wireless Headphones
- Bluetooth 4.0 and aptX technologies to deliver exceptional wireless sound quality..Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- NoiseGard active noise cancellation to reduce ambient noise levels improving the listening experience
- Intuitive ear cup mounted controls for changing tracks and for making calls via the integrated microphone. Frequency response (Microphone) : 100 10,000 Hz
- Up to 19 hour battery life with Bluetooth and NoiseGard activated and is supplied with connecting cable for battery free listening
- 2 year warranty when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer
The Sennheiser Wireless Headphones have a slightly lower battery life than others but still offers a continuous playback for 25-hours. If you are using the active noise-canceling option that comes with these headphones, you can expect the battery to last about 19-hours instead. If battery life is a big deal to you, these headphones can be plugged in via a wire, and it will save the battery life a bit.
The headphones come with a leather padding, for a comfortable wear and the wireless connection range is long. The noise-canceling feature is great, but it doesn’t allow you to hear outside noise around you.
Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2
- Audio quality: immersive, high res sound, and powerful speaker drivers deliver the right balance of rich bass, crisp highs, and natural mid tones for your music
- Active Noise Cancelling (ANC): Switch on active noise cancelling (ANC) to minimize ambient noise while working or traveling
- 24 Hour streaming/ listen Longer: enjoy upto 24 hours of wireless music, movies and calls before choosing the cabled connection or recharging
- Wireless freedom: stream rich, lifelike audio upto 100 meters/330 feet away from your class 1 bluetooth smartphone or tablet
- Travel sleeve: Ear cups swivel flat to slip into the protective nylon travel sleeve; Frequency response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
With a 24-hour battery life, you can be listening to these headphones for a while. They include 21 days of standby power and up to six months of DeepSleep hibernation, meaning if you don’t use them for a while, they will still be good to go the next time you’re ready to use them. The headphones are super comfortable with an overall design that is 35% smaller and 15% lighter than other headphones like them. They also offer an immersive and high resolution sound that delivers great bass and natural mid-tones for all the music you play.
The headphones also have an ANC that reduces ambient noises, so it will help eliminate any background noises while in use. They also have an open mode, where it will allow you to hear your outside surroundings while playing music. The Plantroincs BackBeat Pro 2 also have a Class 1 Bluetooth range that allows you to roam, talk, and listen at a range of up to 100 meters or 330 feet.
Optoma NuForce BE Sport4
- Sweat proof: IPX5 water resistance ensures you're ready for marathons, workouts, intense training sessions, hiking or snow activities without letting rain, snow, Mud or sweat INTERRUPT your playlist
- Audiophile-quality sound: graphene-coated drivers deliver crystal clear, audiophile sound while AAC and apt support maximize Audio quality for both Apple and Android devices
- 10 hours of non-stop listening: incredible battery life ensures 10 hours of music playback for non-stop music that endures your training and workouts
- Charge quickly: forget to charge? A quick 15-minute charge provides 2 hours of listening time
- Comfortable fit: SPINFIT twin blade ear tips provide maximum comfort, stability and secure fit while interchangeable silicone ear tips and ear wings personalize the fit even further
These wireless headphones are perfect for the gym-goer or someone with a short work commute. They offer a 10-hour battery life, which is pretty good for an earbud wireless headphone. The sound isolation is great with these headphones, and they are lightweight, so they won’t bug you to have a long use.
They come with a small carrying case for easy transportation and a small USB wire for charging. There USB charger is a quick charge, meaning you can throw the headphones on the charger for 15-minutes and have 2 additional hours of listening time. For a smaller set of headphones, the sound quality is also great with these headphones. These headphones are also sweatproof and offer water resistance to ensure they can survive during marathons or intense weather.
RHA MA390 Wireless
- Flexible SecureFlex neckband with IPX4 rated sweat-proof & water resistance for gym or sports use
- 8 hours playback; 30 days standby
- Experience enhanced Bluetooth audio thanks to AptX & AAC technology
- Universal 3 button remote & microphone for full control of Apple, Android and more devices
- Includes 3 year manufacturers warranty when purchased from RHA or Amazon directly
The RHA MA390 Wireless headphone comes with 12-hour battery life and an affordable price tag. They offer a great sound quality, and they come with a microphone if you need to make a quick phone call while using them. There is a 1-button universal remote and microphone that allows the user to easily pause music, take a call, or active the digital assistant that comes with the headphones, all without needing our phone or device.
The headphones do come with a USB-C connect, which means the earbuds do charge fast and you can use them again quickly. They also keep their charging area hidden within the headphone, so no awkward pieces sticking out even when you’re not charging your headphones. The headphones come with a three-year warranty that helps protect them and if you’re constantly on the move they come with a small carrying case to keep the headphones safe while in transit. These are a great set of headphones to look into if you’re worried about the price since they do come with a nice-looking price tag.
Bose QuietControl 30
- Breakthrough technology lets you control your own level of noise cancellation throughout your day
- Bluetooth and NFC pairing so you can connect to your devices wirelessly. Bluetooth range: 10 m
- Noise rejecting dual microphone system helps reduce the noise around you to deliver clearer calls
- Lightweight neckband design conforms to your body for all day comfort and wear ability
- Lithium ion battery lets you enjoy up to 10 hours of wireless listening per charge
Bose is one of the only headphone companies that offer an earbud wireless headphone that is also noise canceling. The battery life for these headphones is 10-hours, and there is control through an in-line remote that you can use to not only control your volume but also control how much outside noise you can hear.
The headphones are a little weird since they come with a piece that sits along your neck as you wear them. The headphone also lacks in sound quality, so if the perfect bass is what you’re looking for in a set of headphones, these are not them. These headphones also have quiet a price jump compared to other earbud headphones, so if battery life is your prime concern there are others with a long battery life and a better price tag.
The headphones also come with their own app to help make your life a little easier. The Bose Connect app allows you to have access to anything the headphones offer. This includes personalized settings, tips, and product features that you can unlock.
With these ten wireless headphone options, you will have a great number of options when it comes to a long-lasting battery for wireless headphones. Things to remember is over-ear headphones will always offer a longer battery life due to their size, while earbuds typically have a 10-12-hour battery because they are smaller.