Students need to invest in a good pair of headphones, regardless if it’s for studying, doing SAT prep, or anything in between when it comes to school, headphones can be essential. Students should be looking for a good pair of noise canceling headphones that will allow them to focus on their studies and ignore the distractions that surround them, but also have a battery life that can withstand a long study session. With that being said, headphones can also be expensive, and there is a lot on the market to choose from.
We are going to help you narrow down your choices of headphones and find the one that works the best for you and your studies. In the long run, these headphones can save you a lot of money and hassle when it comes to using them. Take a look at some of the best wireless headphones for students that are also budget-friendly.
Table of Contents
1. Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- QuietPoint noise-cancelling headphones feature noise-cancelling circuitry that effectively reduces environmental noise by 90%
- Closed-back headphones feature large-aperture 40 mm drivers with neodymium magnet systems for impactful bass, extended treble and higher fidelity
- Lightweight, compact, fold-flat design is ideal for travel; fully integrated electronics: no external modules needed
- Full-size 1/4-inch adapter and specialized airline adapter for connecting to in-flight entertainment systems, and a handy carrying case
The Audio-Technica wireless headphones are an excellent option for students for numerous reasons. Not only are the headphones noise canceling, but they also easily fold up, which means secure storage in a backpack or book bag when walking around campus. The headphones are lightweight and reduce background noise by 90%. They have excellent sound quality and offer a large-aperture 40 mm drivers with neodymium magnet systems and a high 109dB sensitivity that provides significant volume levels.
If you don’t want the noise canceling feature, you can simply turn it off which will also save the battery for the headphones. The battery life for the headphones typically last around 40 hours, perfect for those long study sessions, but it might be less if the noise cancelling feature is on. The headphones retail for $99.95, so you won’t break the bank buying a set.
2. Sony WH-1000XM2
- DIGITAL NOISE CANCELING: Industry leading ANC lends a personalized, virtually soundproof experience
- VOICE ASSISTANT: Alexa enabled for voice access to music, information and more. Activate with a simple touch
- QUICK ATTENTION MODE: Cover the right ear cup to turn down your music for instant, easy conversation
- SMART LISTENING: Adjusts the ambient sound to your activity to give you the best noise cancellation
- TOUCH CONTROLS: Control music tracks and volume, activate your voice assistant and take phone calls
The Sony WH-1000XM2 has a noise cancelling feature but also comes with a Quick Attention function so you can easily hear your surroundings if need be. They can quickly determine the environment you’re in and adjust your sound quality to what is going on around you. They also have a touch control, so you can easily change songs, pause music, or use your phone’s voice assistants without having to take the headphones off. With the 40 mm drivers that are included, the headphones can offer a hi-resolution audio, so you can hear the sound as it should be.
They come with a 30-hour battery life, which is excellent for hard studying sessions and long nights. The headphones are on the pricer side, almost $300, but you won’t need another pair of headphones for a while, and they pair perfectly with both Apple and Android phones.
3. Creative Sound Blaster Jam Ultra-Light Bluetooth Headset
- Ergonomic fit with soft ear cushions to ensure comfort and long listening hours. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Made of exceptionally lightweight materials to minimize bulk and increase mobility
- Extended Bluetooth playback - Get up to 12 hours of wireless audio streaming with the Sound Blaster JAM
- One-tap bass enhancement - Instantly add punch to your music with a single tap on the ear cup of headset
- Convenient charging - Simply charge the Sound Blaster JAM via USB through a PC/Mac
These headphones have an ergonomic fit with soft ear cushions that will give you comfort the entire time you are wearing them. They are great for storing in a bag since they are made of lightweight material to help minimize bulk. With a one-click solution, your music can instantly be corrected with whatever environment you are in. The one-click solution can also stop or pause your music to allow you to pick up phone calls or have a conversation.
The battery life is a little lower on these headphones, offer 12 hours of listening, but they can easily be charged via USB on any Mac or Windows PC. The price for these headphones also are hard to beat, coming in under $40, it’s a students dream. They might not have all the fancy features that other headphones have, but they are still great for a headphone that will make it through school with you.
4. Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2
- Audio quality: immersive, high res sound, and powerful speaker drivers deliver the right balance of rich bass, crisp highs, and natural mid tones for your music
- Active Noise Cancelling (ANC): Switch on active noise cancelling (ANC) to minimize ambient noise while working or traveling
- 24 Hour streaming/ listen Longer: enjoy upto 24 hours of wireless music, movies and calls before choosing the cabled connection or recharging
- Wireless freedom: stream rich, lifelike audio upto 100 meters/330 feet away from your class 1 bluetooth smartphone or tablet
- Travel sleeve: Ear cups swivel flat to slip into the protective nylon travel sleeve; Frequency response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
If you’re looking for a stylish wireless headphone, the Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 are it. These headphones come in two colors, a sleek black, and a fresh wooded tan. They offer a noise cancelling feature, great for a busy study room or when your traveling. You can activate the open-listening feature that the headphones have to hear your surroundings or any announcement that might play. The audio is rich and defined, plus they offer high notes with a crisp sound and mid-tones that sound natural. The Bluetooth feature allows you tot ravel up to 100 meters, or 330 feet, from any device and still be able to listen.
The battery life for these headphones lasts for 24 hours, more than enough time for homework or a project you’re working on. The headphones do come with a higher price tag, around $150, but all the features that come along with them make the headphones worth the price.
5. Beats X
- Up to 8 hours of battery life for when you're on the go
- With Fast Fuel, a 5-minute charge gives you 2 hours of playback when battery is low
- Flex-Form cable provides all-day comfort with easy purse and pocket portability
- Take calls, control your music, and activate Siri with RemoteTalk
- What's in the Box: BeatsX earphones, eartips with four size options, Lightning to USB-A charging cable, quick start guide, warranty card
The Beats X are earbud wireless headphones that feature a sleek, light, and compact design. The headphones are water-resistance and lightweight, so you won’t get tired of wearing them. They come with a carrying case that can easily be packed in a bag, and the headphones easily roll into the case. There is a small remote connected to the headphones so you can easily answer calls, change songs, or increase the volume. The headphones offer noise isolation and are Bluetooth, meaning you can use them almost anywhere.
They come with a lightning cable for fast charging, meaning you can charge the headphones for 5 minutes and it will give you a 2-hour playback time. Coming in with a 8-hour battery life, which is suitable for a set of earbud headphones. The pricing is decent on the headphones as well, under $100, especially since they are a name brand.
With these five headphones, you have a variety of options when it comes to choosing which headphone best fits your lifestyle. Between price, style, and features you can’t go wrong when it comes to choosing one of these five headphones to help get you through the school year. Just remember that over the ear headphones will have a better noise cancelling feature then in ear buds and over the ear headphones offer a better battery life since they can store a bigger battery within them.