When it comes to going to the gym and working out, headphones are a vital part of enjoying your workout. You want your headphones to cancel out the noise so you can solely focus on your workout, but it also needs to be able to hold a charge, easily fit your head and ears, plus not look too weird. Pricing and availability are also a significant factor to consider when you are trying to decide what wireless headphones to buy. Although a cheaper option might look appealing, will it stand up to your workouts and last a decent amount of time?
With time, wireless headphones keep getting better and better. With headphones now being wireless, it is making it easier than ever to wear them while working out mainly because the cables are gone. Here are a few of the best wireless headphones to use when working out at the gym.
Table of Contents
Jabra Elite Active 65t
- TRUE WIRELESS EARBUDS FOR AN ACTIVE LIFESTYLE Wherever your day takes you, whatever your activity, it won't get in the way of enjoying sports, music and calls; The Elite Active 65t are secure fitting earbuds that provide dependable in ear stability
- PERSONALIZE YOUR SOUND : Whether you're using these as Apple earbuds, Samsung earbuds or more, you can listen to your music the way you want to hear it, by personalizing your sound on the Jabra Sound+ app. Earbuds are Apple and Android compatible
- NO AUDIO DROPOUTS With Jabra's 3rd generation true wireless stability, you can take calls and listen to music without worry about audio dropouts; And there are no pesky wires getting in the way of your workout
- UP TO 15 HOURS OF USE With up to 5 hours of battery on a single charge, and up to 15 hours in total with the included pocket friendly charging case, your listening needs are met from the start of the day, to its end with these earbuds
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY : These sports earbuds are IP56 rated with a 2 year warranty against sweat and dust (registration required with the Jabra Sound+ app)
The Jabra Elite wireless headphones are headphones that fit perfectly inside of your ear, meaning there are no wires at all that you need to deal with. The headphones come with a little carrying case that makes them easy to transport and fit into your pocket, without having to worry about losing one. They come in a matte blue finish with three earbud size options; large, medium, and small. The company says the headphones are both water and dust resistance, perfect if you’re a swimmer or sweat a lot during a workout.
The headphones do not cancel out sound though, which could be a deal-breaker to anyone who needs to ultra-concentrated during a workout. The headphones do cancel out some noise, though, which can make it easier to focus on yourself while at the gym. The sounds are customizable through the Jabra Sound+ app, and the earbuds have a 5-hours continuous playback. With the carrying case, you can get an additional two-hour charge for a total battery life of 15 hours.
If you are running on a treadmill, these might not be the headphones for you. They do have a bulkier design, which causes a bit of latency and the last thing you want is your headphone falling out mid-run.
AfterShokz Trekz Air
- included components: Retail Packaging
The AfterShokz Trekz Air wireless headphones have a design that we don’t typically see on headphones, and it’s called a bone conduction design. The headphones allow you to have an awareness of your surroundings, which is excellent if you like jogging outdoors or doing late-night activities. The headphones are lightweight and comfortable, so you don’t need to worry about getting a headache while working out due to your headphones. The design also keeps in mind that you could wear them for a workout, making the headphone breathable.
The difference between these headphones and others is it lets you feel the bass of your music through the bones of your temples, instead of hearing it. Hence why you can be more aware of your surroundings since it lets in more ambient noise than typical in-ear headphones. The battery life for these wireless headphones is 7 hours, but it also comes with a standby mode so you can preserve the power longer.
The headphones do not go inside of your ear like a typical earbud, but instead, it sits on the outside, which makes it easy to forget you are wearing them. The design could take a few wears to get used to though, especially if you listen to heavy bass music. The headphones come in three different colors, including green, red, blue, and grey. Plus, there is a two-year guaranteed warranty that comes along when you purchase them.
Bose SoundSport Wireless
- Truly wireless sport headphones for total freedom of movement, packed full of technology that makes music sound clear and powerful. Charging time 2 hours
- Earbuds are sweat and weather resistant (with an IPX4 rating) and come with 3 different pairs of StayHear and Sport tips (in sizes S/M/L) that provide a comfortable and secure fit
- Up to 5 hours of play time with each charge and an additional 10 hours with the included charging case
- Track lost earbuds with the Bose Connect App's "Find My Buds" feature
- Firmware update to improve audio video synchronization for customers using iPhones, iPads and other Bluetooth devices that support AVDTP version 1.3 or later, available via Connect app or btu.bose.com
This is a company that we know and love when it comes to headphones. Bose has a high sound quality when it comes to their headphones, and the same goes for the SoundSport. The wireless headphones come with a comfortable earbud that fits nicely in your ear and won’t fall out while running or doing intense workouts. The design is semi-open, and there is a wire that wraps around the back of your head.
The sound is overall the best when it comes to these headphones, everything is perfectly balanced and can handle any music you play. Unfortunately, the headphones are not noise-canceling, which could be difficult in the gym. The battery life for the Bose SoundSport headphones are a little lower then what we typically see, with a six-hour battery life, but it does come with an auto-off timer that can be adjusted on the Bose Connect app that will help you save power. The headphones can also be paired with multiple devices, which can be convenient.
The volume controls on the headphones can be difficult to press, so beware of that when deciding on a headphone. These headphones are also not sweatproof, so if you are a heavy sweater, you might want to look for a better option. The headphones are very portable though and come in an array of colors, including yellow, blue, and black.
- JBL E45BT On-Ear Wireless Headphones (Black)
These are our first over ear headphones that we are recommending. They are perfect if you’re not a fan of the in-ear headphones, plus they’re a lot bigger, which means harder to lose. These headphones don’t fully cover your ear, which is excellent for the gym since it will help you not get overheated. The headphones come with button option you can use to change the volume and skip through songs, instead of having to use your phone to do so.
The sound levels are great for the JBL E45BT, which is great if you’re a fan of music with big bass. They have an impressive battery life as well; they can last up to 26 hours and have a short 2-hour charge time. If you do end up running out of battery, you can still use the headphones while they are charging; it will just have a cable attached to it. They also come in some great colors, including black, blue, red, green, and white.
They are not noise-canceling though, which is unfortunate since they do go over your ear. If you’re a glasses wearer, the sound might also be a little off since the fit of the headphone will be different then people who don’t wear glasses. The inside is also fabric, so you may need to clean them often if you sweat heavily.
Anker SoundBuds Curve
- Rich treble and thumping bass: sound Buds Curve Bluetooth earbuds are powered by 10 mm composite drivers. The ultra-elastic outer ring produces deep bass and a lightweight and flexible composite Bio-cellulose dome delivers midst and highs with enhanced clarity.
- Up to 43% more bass: our exclusive BASSUP technology conducts real-time analysis of low frequencies to instantly strengthen the Bass output. Feel the bass as it surges through your body and pumps You up for the workout ahead.
- Hardcore playtime: 18 hours of listening (at 80% volume) gives you the power and motivation needed to fuel over two weeks of workouts. When you're in a rush, a 10-minute charge will provide you with up to 3 hours of continuous playtime.
- IPX7 Waterproof: Sound Buds Curve Bluetooth earbuds are defended by a fully waterproof casing that's based on a submarine's structure. Push yourself during your workout without fear of sweat and rain damaging your earphones. You can even rinse them with water when cleaning.
- Secure and comfortable fit: The Bluetooth earbuds are ergonomically designed and come with ear tips and ear wings in various sizes to tailor the fit to you.
If the price is a significant factor to you when deciding on a wireless phone, then the Anker Soundbuds is for you. The headphones have an ear-hook design and offer six different tip sizes and three stability fins so that you can get a great fit and good stability. The headphones do not go into the ear canal as deep as other in-ear headphones do, which makes them a bit more comfortable to wear and is safer for your ear in the long run.
The sound quality is great, and they are ideal for heavy bass songs. The battery life is around 12 hours, which isn’t bad since it can last during your day and your entire workout. They do only come in one color though, black, and the earphones have a little wire that goes around the back of your head to secure them.
If you go to a crowded gym, then these might not be the headphones for you since they do let a lot of noise in. The price of the headphones is excellent, but they aren’t sweatproof, which is a big factor to consider when looking at gym headphones.
Beats Powerbeats Pro
- Totally wireless high-performance earphones in moss
- Up to 9 hours of listening time (more than 24 hours with charging case)
- Adjustable, secure-fit ear hooks for lightweight comfort and stability
- Reinforced design for sweat & water resistance during tough workouts or running
- Volume & track controls on each earbud, voice capability, and auto play/pause
The Beats Powerbeats Pro offers four different sizes to fit your head, and all are included with a silicon tip for a more comfortable fitting. These are basically Beats version of Airpods but offer a better sound quality and battery life. The headphones pair fast and easily with your device, and if you’re an iOS user, you can use Siri with them. They have an over the ear design, so they can’t easily fall out and get lost.
There are physical buttons that you can use to control your music, so you don’t need your phone in your hand. They also come with their own charging case, but it is a little bigger than other wireless earbuds and their charging case. Currently, the headphones only come in black, but later this year they will be released in white, moss, and navy. The headphones are sweat and water resistant, which is excellent for the gym. The battery life is decent for a wireless headphone, giving you 9 hours of listening time.
The downside is they might not fit everyone perfectly, meaning they could slip out during a run or just be uncomfortable overall. They also come with a hefty price tag, so you may want to make sure these are the headphones for you before buying them.
Under Armor True Wireless Flash
- Bluetooth wireless
- JBL signature sound
- Truly wireless for Sport
- 25 hours of total battery life
- Aluminum charging case
These excellent headphones were engineered by JBL and are small buds that go inside your ear. They offer a touch control for music, calls, and a bionic hearing mode. There is also a built-in microphone so you can easily make calls. They come with three pairs of Sports Fit ear tips and three pairs of Freebie Enhancers so you can have a great fit with stability.
The headphones come with a waterproof design and offer a bionic hearing mode so you can be aware of your surroundings during a workout. The headphones also come with a free one-year premium membership to Under Armor’s MapMyFitness app, which is great for workout junkies. They have a built-in rechargeable battery that has 5-hour battery life. The aluminum carrying case also offers an additional 20 hours of power so you can quickly and wirelessly charge your headphones.
The only real downside to these headphones is the fact that they aren’t noise-canceling, making gym workouts a little harder with the additional noise. The carrying case is also a bit bulky and can be awkward to fit inside of pockets.
- Jaybird RUN true wireless earbuds give you a secure comfort fit, no matter the shape of your ear, with interchangeable tips and fins
- Sweat all you want, push yourself in the rain, and get muddy; Jaybird run running headphones are Sweat proof and water resistant
- You can customize your sound by adjusting the lows, mids, and highs to pump up your true wireless Sport experience; The Jaybird app can locate your buds if they go missing; Impedance 16 Ohm.Speaker sensitivity 103 +/ 2dB at 1KHz.Output max; 12mW RMS (with level limit)
- 12 hour battery life in your pocket and fast charging on the go: true wireless earbuds make running with music feel Limitless; 4 hour play time + 8 hour charge case; Output: 12mW RMS (with limit level)
- Jaybird run gives you true wireless earbuds with a mic and a single control button, so you can power your run without breaking focus
The Jaybird Run Wireless Headphones are small earbuds that offer a secure and comfortable fit, regardless of your ear shape. The earbuds come with interchangeable tips and fins giving you the best fit possible. The sound is also customizable, and you can adjust the pumps to a low, mid, to the high level depending on what you like.
The headphones are sweat-proof, perfect for any gym user. If you accidentally lost an earbud, the Jaybird app will help you locate them, perfect for accident-prone people. The battery life for these wireless earphones are 12 hours, and they offer a fast, on the go charger. They come in three colors as well, black, white, and grey.
Designed to seal sound out, these headphones promise noise-isolating technology. The earphones can occasionally have a small interference issue, but besides that, they are a great price and a great headphone to use inside of the gym.
Sony WF-SP700N Wireless In-Ear Sports Headphones
- TRULY WIRELESS: Compatible with Apple or Android cell phones, sync using Bluetooth connection & NFC
- DIGITAL NOISE CANCELING: WF-SP700N headphone set minimizes distractions & noises for crisp listening
- AMBIENT SOUND MODE: Blend music & environmental sounds during fitness sessions or outdoor workouts
- SPLASHPROOF: IPX4 rated to handle sweat or rain splashes when you're at the gym or outside running
- LONG BATTERY: SP700N has up to 9 hours of playback battery life during workouts or athletic training
If you’re looking for a truly wireless headphone, then you found it with the Sony WF-SP700N. The headphone fits comfortably, and they are secure for anyone who has a fast pace workout or is running. The headphones come with a charging case that will give it an additional two charges as well.
The headphones are also noise canceling, which is perfect for anyone who just needs some peace and quiet. The battery life on the headphones aren’t so great though. They offer a 3-hour battery life, and the buds can be a little tricky to get into the carrying case to charge. If you plan accordingly, then the battery life isn’t a problem, but it can be for people who don’t carry the case with them.
They also offer a sweat resistance design, and they are super lightweight. Occasionally it can take the headphones a moment to work when you are streaming something, but if you are listening to only music, there shouldn’t be an issue. There is one button on the headphones that works as a universal control for pausing and playing music, plus answering or ending calls and skipping tracks.
There you have it, eight of the best wireless headphones to use when you are working out. Most of these headphones have something that everyone likes, and all fit relatively well without causing irritation or headaches after long use. Although some have better options then others and some have large price tags, we are sure one of these fantastic headphones will be perfect for your gym routine.