Recently, Apple has decided to remove the precious headphone jack from their iPhones. A reason that no one genuinely understood why, it’s clear Apple wants its users to use wireless headphones. That could be because they came out with their wireless headphone, the Airpods. Now we need to say goodbye to our favorite wired headphone and welcome a new pair.
Here we are going to review some of the most popular wireless headphones that work well with the iPhone X. These headphones range not only in style but also price. Read on to see what we have to say about these seven wireless headphones.
Table of Contents
1. Sony WH1000XM2
- DIGITAL NOISE CANCELATION: Industry leading noise canceling eliminates distracting background noises
- SMART LISTENING: Quickly detects your activity to automatically adjust the ambient sounds you hear
- QUICK ATTENTION MODE: Cover the right ear cup to turn down your music for instant, easy conversation; Battery Charge Time: Approx. 4 hours
- TOUCH CONTROL: Skip a track, change the volume and take or make calls just by touching a headphone
- FAST CHARGING: Enjoy up to 30 hrs of cordless NC and a 10 min quick charge for 70 more mins of play.Frequency Response (Active Operation):4 Hz-40,000 Hz
This isn’t the first time you have seen the Sony WH1000XM2 on our list. These headphones are great all-around for numerous different uses. When it comes to noise-canceling headphones, these are what you want. They offer a sleek and elegant design, perfect to wear when walking to work. The headphones have built-in touch control. This control allows you to skip tracks, change the volume, or make a call.
If battery life is essential to you, these bad boys have a 30 hour playback time. Charging your headphones for 10-minutes gives you an additional 70-hours of playtime. They come with adaptive sound control. This will adjust the sound automatically depending on your surrounding. The headphones have a built-in assistant that can also help you manage your day. You need to download an app that made for these headphones for iPhones. The app will allow you to control the ambient sound, adjust sound levels, and make the headphones perfect for you.
2. B&O Play by Bang & Olufsen
- Truly portable Bluetooth speaker for music and calls
- More sound. More bass. Peak power of 2X140 W
- Connect two BeoplayA1s for a wireless stereo experience
- Keeps on playing. Up to 24 hours at normal volume levels. Power consumption:Standby: 0.5 W
- All aluminum dome. Dust and splash resistant
Known for their premium headphones, Bang and Olufsen is a luxury brand you want. Easy for travel due to the compact design, you can take these headphones anywhere with you. They are useful when it comes to noise-canceling, perfect for phone calls. If you take the headphones off, the sound will automatically pause until you place them back on. The sounds were tuned about sound engineers to give you a rich and powerful sound. Its transparency mode will allow you to hear your surrounds even while wearing the headphones. For phone calls, there is a dedicated button for voice assistance that will make your day easier.
The headphones offer a 25-hour battery life with playback. You can increase the battery life by turning off the active noise cancellation function in the app. With the headphones, you get a flight adapter, carrying pouch, and 1.2m audio cord. The over-ear cushions wrap nicely around your ears and have memory foam. The headphones come with a sleek leather finish for a gorgeous look.
3. Sennheiser PXC 550
- Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology in an ergonomically designed lightweight, comfortable and collapsible travel headset perfect for travel. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- NoiseGard adaptive noise cancellation ensures superior sound quality in every environment. Impedance:Active 490 Ohm/ Passive 46 Ohm
- Intuitive user control and convenience thanks for voice prompts, touch controls, NFC pairing, smart pause and automatic on/off
- Triple microphone array delivers business class communications with exceptional vocal clarity. Sennheiser sound signature quality with selective sound modes to enhance the listening experience
- The PXC 550 wireless is fully compatible with CapTune, sennheiser's premium quality music player and powerful sound tuning app to perfectly adjust the feel of your music to your personal preference
The Sennheiser PXC 550 are great for phones, especially the iPhone. The headphones easily pair to the iPhone X and make hands free calling simple. They come with a triple-microphone allowing you can deliver business-class communication with exceptional voice clarity. NoiseGard technology gives you a noise-canceling feature, perfect for on the road. Due to the lightweight construction of the headphones, you won’t be uncomfortable wearing them for long periods.
With the foldable design, you can easily carry the headphones everywhere with you. Having a 30-hour battery life, you can listen to the headphones for an extended period without worrying about the battery. The touchpad will easily allow you to answer calls or skip tracks without having to take your phone out of your pocket. Equipped with a filter, the identifies ambient noise, the headphones make sure you can correctly understand everything you’re hearing.
4. Apple Airpods
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices
- Quick access to Siri by saying "Hey Siri"
- Double-tap to play or skip forward
- New Apple H1 headphone chip delivers faster wireless connection to your devices
The Apple Airpods work correctly with an iPhone X. These headphones are made for Apple products, especially since their wireless. The headphones have a cutting-edge W1 chip, making it easy to pair your headphones to your phone. The W1 chip also gives excellent audio quality, a strong signal for long-distance, and good battery life. The Airpods will pause what you’re listening to when they are not in your ear and work with more than an iPhone. Designed for the working person, these are equipped with a personal assistant to help call, text, or play music with the sound of your voice.
The headphones come with a wireless charging case, allowing you to charge your headphones when on the go simply. They come with a 24-hour battery life, which is excellent for an earbud type of headphone. Charge your headphones for an additional 15-minutes and gain another 3 hours of listening time and 2 hours of talking time.
5. Samsung Galaxy Buds
- Power up to power on Get up to six hours of battery life with an additional seven hours from the case that doubles as a wireless charger
- Premium sound Tuned by AKG, an optimized driver offers substantial bass, while a volume driver gives you a wider range of sound
- Just what you want to hear Control how much surrounding noise you want with Ambient Aware. Quick Ambient Mode lets you hear traffic, flight announcements and coworkers calling out to you
- Sounds good. Feels good. Galaxy Buds come in three adjustable ear tip and wingtip sizes right from the box
- Resists water With splash resistant technology, your Galaxy Buds handle splashes, sweat and spills
The Samsung Galaxy Buds are similar to the Apple Airpods. They offer a sleeker style then the Airpods if you’re into that thing. The earbuds are water-resistant and have digital noise-canceling technology. With Ambient Aware, you can control your surrounding sound and hear only what you want to hear. The sound is balanced well and sounds natural due to the AKG technology. The headphones are designed to fit comfortably for long periods and come with three adjustable ear tips and wingtip sizes for the best fit.
The battery life is excellent on these headphones. They have a six-hour battery life with an additional seven hours from the charging case. The charging case is also similar to the Airpods but a little smaller, so it fits in your pocket well. With a quick charge of 15-minutes, you get an additional 1.7 hours of playtime.
6. Bose QuietComfort 35 II
- Three levels of world-class noise cancellation for better listening experience in any environment
- Alexa-enabled for voice access to music, information, and more. USB cable:30.5 cm
- Noise-rejecting dual-microphone system for clear sound and voice pick-up
- Hassle-free Bluetooth pairing, personalized settings, access to future updates, and more through the Bose connect app
- Enabled with Bose AR - an innovative, audio-only version of augmented reality - Through a firmware update via the Bose connect app.
Full-sized headphones are sometimes preferred by customers, making the Bost QuietComfort 35 II a great option. The headphones have active noise-cancellation and have several microphones that can capture outside noise. With this technology, the headphones can analyze the sound and reproduce it with the same amplitude but with an inverted phase. If you plan on wearing these for long periods, they are designed to be comfortable with padded ear cups. You can determine how much background sound you want to hear with the proprietary technology worked into the headphones.
They offer a 20 hour listening time on one charge but can also use a wired mode. With a 15-minute charge, you get another 2.5-hour of listening time as well but you will need a wired charge. Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa are built into the headphones to help you with your needs, giving you hands-free technology. With a QC35 II feature, it gives you volume-optimized EQ for clear, balanced audio regardless of where you’re at.
7. Anker SoundCore Liberty Air
- Expertly Tuned Graphene Drivers: As graphene's earliest pioneers, we have used our experience to create a new driver for Liberty Air Bluetooth earbuds that takes full advantage of the material's remarkable properties. 100 times harder than steel and 35% lighter than traditional driver diaphragms, it oscillates with extreme precision to give your music a wider soundstage with exceptional accuracy and clarity across the entire frequency range.
- Crystal-Clear Calls: Each earbud is equipped with a microphone that utilizes noise reduction technology. Your voice is optimized and background noises are minimized so you sound louder and clearer on the other end.
- Up to 20 Hours of Playtime: A full 5 hours of listening on a single charge is extended to a huge 20 hours of playtime with the included charging case.
- Integrated Touch Controls: Use the earbuds to answer calls and play, pause, and skip music on-the-go.
- Secure Fit: Liberty Air's lightweight in-ear design and multiple sizes of EarTips allow you to customize the fit of the earbuds. Crank up the comfort level and enjoy music and stereo calls with superior noise-isolation.
The Anker SoundCore Liberty Air earbuds come at a better price than the Apple Airpods, perfect if you’re on a budget. Coming with silicon tips that help seal out sound and muffle noise around you and equipped with noise-isolating features these are great for people on the go. They come with four different sizes in tips, making sure everyone can have the best fit. With water resistant coding, these headphones are great for the gym or exercising. The sound isn’t as great as other headphones on this list. The clarity of sound is decent, and the sound is well-balanced, but other headphones will blow these away.
The earbuds come with five-hour battery life, which is typical for a smaller headphone. They come with a compact charge case that will give an additional charge as well. Connected with the Micro-USB or USB-C, it takes about 2-hours to charge the headphones again fully. The touch control on the phones makes it easy to change songs, answer calls, or access your phone’s voice assistant.
These seven headphones can easily pair to your iPhone X and make your wireless headphone experience great. All these headphones come with a variety of features and a different price tag. Which headphone is your favorite?