Bose has dabbled in various industries, and have developed headsets, car systems, and speakers, but their number one draw is still wireless headphones, specifically, wireless noise-canceling headphones. In this article, we will show our pick of the Best Bose Wireless Headphones you can buy in 2017.
Bose chose a fitting name for its consumer headphones: QuietComfort. These headphones are designed to reduce the noise from busy backgrounds like trains and airplane engines, so you can focus on your music or your call.
So with all their wireless offerings, which are the Best Bose Wireless Headphones? Let’s take a look.
Table of Contents
Key Points to Consider
Build Quality and Comfort – Best Bose Wireless Headphones are built with corrosion and impact resistant materials but cushioned so you can wear them for long periods of time without feeling any discomfort.
Sound Quality and Noise-cancellation – we won’t just judge Bose based on the soundstage and clarity, but also how well it silences the ambient noise. The headphones on this list are only the Best Bose Wireless Headphones.
Battery Life – Wireless and Bluetooth technology can drain batteries, so another consideration is for headphones that last a long time or charge very quickly, so you don’t have to worry about charging and can continue listening to your music or movies.
Bose Sound Sport Pulse Wireless Headphones
- Built in heart rate sensor makes it easy to track your performance. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Bluetooth and NFC pairing so you can connect to your devices wirelessly
- StayHear and Pulse tips provide a secure and stable fit for your most intense workouts ; Sound sport pulse wireless headphones do not employ noise reduction technology; To ensure an accurate reading, the sensor window (located on the left earbud) should be in contact with the skin; If the sensor stops providing a heart rate measurement, try adjusting the left earbud and verifying bluetooth connection to your device; If that doesn't restore function, wipe the sensor window with a damp cloth
- The Bose Connect app gives you real time heart rate readings, and continually adds more functionality to your headphones;If the sensor stops providing a heart rate measurement, try adjusting the left earbud and verifying Bluetooth connection to the device; If that doesn't restore function, wipe the sensor window with a damp cloth
- Works with popular fitness apps like MapMyRun, RunKeeper, Endomondo and Runtastic. Wireless range up to 30 feet; 5 hours of wireless power from the rechargeable lithium ion battery
About the Bose SoundSport Pulse Wireless Headphones
Looking for something to use while running? Look no further. The Bose SoundSport Pulse Wireless Headphones have you covered. These are a pair of earbuds with the signature Bose wingtips, tied together with a cinch that goes behind your neck. These headphones even have a built-in heart rate sensor and analytics to help evaluate your exercise performance.
The silicone tips that you plug into your ear canals are designed to be hydrophobic, repelling sweat and moisture. The wingtips are designed to fit right in the curves of your ear. The plastic is strong but light enough to stay in your ears and comes in various colors and styles. These are robust and durable earphones made for regular workouts.
For a pair of earphones so tiny in size, we were surprised by how loud it blasted, and how rich and clear instruments sounded. These are some great sounding Best Bose Wireless Headphones. The silicone ear tips (if you can fit it in your ear) do a great job of isolating the background. From the lows to the mids, everything sounds full and complete.
Battery Life and Additional Features
On average, we got about 5 hours of battery life with each full charge. This is plenty of time for a couple of movies, or for a few workout sessions. Thankfully, like most devices these days, there’s a fast-charge feature. With just 15 minutes of charge, you can get an hour of battery life.
The Bose SoundSport Pulse is an excellent pair of earphones to use for workouts of any kind, due to their sweat-resistant, flexible design.
Bose QuietControl 30 Wireless Headphones
- Breakthrough technology lets you control your own level of noise cancellation throughout your day
- Bluetooth and NFC pairing so you can connect to your devices wirelessly. Bluetooth range: 10 m
- Noise rejecting dual microphone system helps reduce the noise around you to deliver clearer calls
- Lightweight neckband design conforms to your body for all day comfort and wear ability
- Lithium ion battery lets you enjoy up to 10 hours of wireless listening per charge
About the Bose QuietControl 30 Wireless Headphones
Now if you want a little more power to those SoundSport Wireless Headphones, consider getting Bose’s QuietControl 30. This model trades the cord behind your neck for a horseshoe neckband and has noise-cancellation you can control (hence the name, QuietControl). If you fly a lot or take the train regularly, these are great to block out your environment.
These types of headphones with the neckband design have been gaining more popularity now as Bose and LG continue to produce them, but they’re still a preferential thing. Some say it was barely noticeable, others say it was heavy and just looks plain ugly. It’s up to you. See if you can try a pair on before committing. While they definitely won’t snap (unless you apply a lot of force), In my experience, it started to feel uncomfortable to wear this around my neck after a long time.
The QC30’s sound quality is highly similar to the SoundSport Wireless, and those were some rich sounding headphones. There’s a good amount of detail given to the mids and highs, and the low-end is given presence without drowning out the rest of the track. When I listened to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West, and Silent Alarm by Bloc Party, each kick and snare hit felt like it punched through the track. It was a truly immersive listening experience.
Battery Life and Additional Features
Of course, there is a reason for the controversial horseshoe shape. You see, the band is actually housing extra battery juice for the headphones’ noise-cancellation feature. Like Bose’s other noise-canceling headphones, these managed to block out trains passing, some soft conversations, and ordinary city noises. The QC30 is expected to last 10 hours of playback, a lot longer than some competitors.
The QC30 is designed for the professional who wants to get their workout in, but it also takes a lot of phone calls during the day and needs some privacy and silence to focus on the conversation. Perfect for business owners who need to make several calls a day to keep their company running.
Bose QC35 Wireless Headphones
- World class noise cancellation makes quiet sound quieter and music sound better; Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Volume optimized EQ for balanced audio performance at any volume
- Wireless convenience, with easy Bluetooth and NFC pairing aided by voice prompts
- 20 hour battery life per charge; up to 40 hours in wired mode
- Noise rejecting dual microphone system for clear calls even in windy environments; Headphones:18 cm H x 17 cm W x 8.1 cm D (0.52 lb/234 g)
About the Bose QC35 Wireless Headphones
Bose’s QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones are Bose’s Bluetooth headphones that have active noise-cancellation (ANC). These are traditional looking headphones (with an over the headband) similar to Bose’s other headphones, but these are slightly bigger, the headband is thicker, and overall a bit heftier. A microphone and playback controls are built into one earcup, and the headphones are now rechargeable instead of relying on AAA batteries.
Bose isn’t breaking any new ground with the design of their headphones, but they are improving on their previous iterations. The headband is pretty flexible, and the earcups swivel and rotate, allowing for additional storage space. These cans feel well constructed- compared to other big brand names, these headphones feel solid and securely in place.
Even without Active Noise Cancellation, these headphones delivered great-sounding music. Bose is more known for the clarity of their mids and highs than their low-end, which suffers from a lack of presence. Hip-hop tracks like Vice City by Black Hippy didn’t have that booming sub-bass as most tracks have. This is helped slightly by ANC, but even then the bass is lacking here.
Battery Life and Additional Features
The QC35 relies on a rechargeable built-in battery, and on a single charge, you can expect about 20 hours of continuous listening. If you’re planning on flying to the other side of the world, the Bose QuietComfort 35 should last you the whole flight.
Do you need to use headphones while traveling to keep focused on your work? Maybe you listen to podcasts or just want to drown out the noise. Then these are the headphones for you.
Of all the headphone selections, I would choose the Bose QC35 Wireless Headphones. These headphones are stylish and powerful. Sure, the bass could perform better, and it is a considerable investment, but these headphones will last you a long time. If you’re planning on traveling a lot, these are the ones to get.
If you want to take a look at the best budget wireless headphones, check out this post.