So, you’ve decided you need some wireless headphones in your life… but you’re on a budget? Don’t worry – the perfect headphones don’t have to put you out of pocket. It’s definitely possible to buy budget-friendly wireless headphones that don’t skimp on quality. You just need to do your research. Or read on, because we’ve rounded up our favorite wireless headphones that cost less than $200 and check all the boxes.
Table of Contents
First things first…
To help you pick out the perfect wireless headphones, there are a few important things that can help you pick which price range is right for you.
Of course, as the price gets higher, so too does the sound quality in most cases. However, it’s important to remember what your purpose for the headphones is. If you’re a producer or musician, perhaps it’s worth investing in slightly more expensive headphones. However, if you’re just listening to music on your way to work and at the gym, maybe you don’t need to be at the very top of the range when it comes to sound quality and can settle on some nice mid-range headphones.
You can easily find headphones with a cool, sleek design at any price range. Given that design is very personal, it really depends on what your style is and what the price tag is.
Similar to sound quality, this definitely depends on your lifestyle. If you need durable headphones that can withstand a lot of active movement (running or working out for example), then be sure to check other reviews to see if the wireless headphones you have your eye on can withstand frequent wear and tear. Are they firm and well-constructed? You can definitely find good build quality in headphones that are budget friendly.
These days there are so many amazing wireless headphones out there, that battery life shouldn’t be a problem at any price range. But if you need your wireless headphones to last you an entire 9-hour shift at work, perhaps it might be worth investing in something just a little bit more expensive for the guarantee that your headphones won’t die on you right in the middle of a tense gaming session.
Wireless headphones can get extravagant. There are lots of unique features like microphone/controller, apps, noise cancellation, wired / wireless options and more. But if you don’t really need these extras then you can save yourself a bit of cash by picking more budget-friendly
Budget-friendly headphones under $200
Okay, so now you’ve decided on the features that are important to you, you can start looking into which wireless headphones are right for you. Here are some of our favorites.
The Beats Solo3 Wireless headphone is one of the premium quality wireless headphones that are priced under $200. The uniqueness of this headphone is that it features the Apple’s W1 wireless chip. The Beats Solo3s has improved Bluetooth range and battery life over its predecessor with a lightweight build, collapsible cups, and admirable audio performance with an emphasis on bass. This was our number one choice among the best wireless headphones under $200.
- High-performance wireless Bluetooth headphones in matte black
- Features the Apple W1 chip and Class 1 wireless Bluetooth connectivity
- With up to 40 hours of battery life, Beats Solo3 wireless is your perfect everyday headphone
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- With Fast Fuel, 5 minutes of charging gives you 3 hours of playback when battery is low
The reason these headphones are one of the best wireless headphones is that the sound quality is very good for in-ear sports Bluetooth headphone. The headphone is sweat- and water-resistant, an inline mic and remote that lets you skip songs, adjust volume, and take and make calls.
- Truly wireless sport headphones for total freedom of movement, packed full of technology that makes music sound clear and powerful. Charging time 2 hours
- Earbuds are sweat and weather resistant (with an IPX4 rating) and come with 3 different pairs of StayHear and Sport tips (in sizes S/M/L) that provide a comfortable and secure fit
- Up to 5 hours of play time with each charge and an additional 10 hours with the included charging case
- Track lost earbuds with the Bose Connect App's "Find My Buds" feature
- Firmware update to improve audio video synchronization for customers using iPhones, iPads and other Bluetooth devices that support AVDTP version 1.3 or later, available via Connect app or btu.bose.com
The Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones weighs only 8.1 ounces proves comfortable even after a long evening of listening to DVDs. Built-In volume control in these sets lets you crank up the action, while a transmitter control lets you fine-tune the reception. The sound quality is excellent with detailed resolution with fair bass power and definition. The headphones are light, comfortable and have soft cushions and they sound great and among the best wireless headphones in this price range.
- Sennheiser HDR 120 Headphones, Extra Wireless Headphones for RS110 and 120 Systems (charger not included)
- Open, stereo, supraaural, wireless RF headphone.
- Detailed, analytical sound reproduction with strong bass response. Suitable for all types of modern music and TV applications.
- Wireless freedom with reception through walls and ceilings.
- Very lightweight headphones, extremely comfortable to wear.
These headphones sit over the ear and wrap around the back of a user’s neck. Despite being non-traditional, the sound quality is clear and even rich to the point of bordering on bass-heavy. The basic equalizer is a nice touch to tone down some tracks since the vibration of hours of hardcore music can lead to a headache. When it is loud you can still hear the world around you, when it’s low you can still hear your music even though it’s not actually in your ear.
- BONE CONDUCTION TECHNOLOGY - Our bone conduction technology and OpenFit design delivers music through your cheekbones, ensuring your ears remain completely open to ambient sounds for maximum situational awareness during long-term wear.
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY - Modern wireless headphones with Bluetooth v4.1 connectivity and convenient multipoint pairing compatible with your iOS and Android Bluetooth-ready smartphones or tablets and Mac and PC computers and laptops.
- DESIGNED FOR LONG WEAR - Trekz Titanium wraparound headbands are lightweight and flexible to ensure maximum comfort during extended wear. Combined with a long battery life, this compact, slim fit allows you to enjoy continuous music and calls for six hours at a time.
- QUALITY SOUND - Innovative AfterShokz headphones deliver a premium audio experience. With PremiumPitch technology that delivers a wide dynamic range and rich bass, and LeakSlayer technology to significantly reduce natural sound leakage, you are ensured the best on-the-go audio.
- ULTIMATE DURABILITY - Our IP55 certified sport headphones repel sweat, dust and moisture throughout your indoor or outdoor exercise routine. These sturdy workout headphones withstand your most strenuous running, cycling, and more! EQ presets reduce vibration.
Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphones are well-built with quality materials and design choices that can withstand daily usage. If you are a bass fan, then you will be quite happy with the selection of bass on these headphones. The Bluedio U UFO headphones sound quality is up to par and you will find them comfortable at all times and they look quite nice. Not to mention the fact that the bass is thick and juicy! This was our last pick but is one of the best wireless headphones.
- NOTE: Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 sold by "Bluedio".【Bluedio U Professional Wireless Audio Headphones】Experience deep and powerful, yet well balanced music with the Bluedio Exclusive and Innovative 8 Driver Technology. Each frequency is accurately reproduced for a captivating listening experience.
- 【3D Surround Effect】 Dramatically enhancing your music doesn't have to be complicated. Simply turn on the 3D surround effect, you'll experience something entirely new-a virtual 360° surround sound from the built-in 3D DSP processor, as if in a concert hall.
- 【24-bit Hi-Fi Stereo Bluetooth Headsets】Optimized for high-fidelity sound, the high-resolution Bluetooth decoder achieves a remarkable new level of speed: up to 24-bit signal processing. It helps reproduce abundant details, let you hear new details and nuances even in your most-played favorites.
- 【Top Aviation Material】Al-Ti Alloy UFO is beautifully crafted with the top-notch aviation material: Al-Ti alloy, which features high strength performance with extreme lightweight (just 337g).Unbreakable, durable and drop resistant. Absolutely secure.
- 【Latest Bluetooth 4.1 Chip】The Bluetooth 4.1 is the latest version released from SIG, vastly improved in energy savings. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery charges in just 3 hours with the included USB cable, and delivers up to 25 hours playing time per charge.