Talking on cell phones while driving distracts the driver and often leads to fatalities. Today, though automobiles come equipped with Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free communication, it still does not ensure a private conversation, especially when you have company while driving. Although car headphones are not often recommended, it sure provides an optimum way for communicating while being on the move. And therefore many people opt for good Car Wireless Headphones for communicating while driving.
A wired headset is always a poor choice to begin with as it might get tangled with the car components. Other options include a Bluetooth or IR headset that can give you your desired privacy and a hands-free communication while you drive. If you are travelling with family and would like to indulge them in movies or songs without getting disturbed, then Car Wireless Headphones are an awesome choice for entertainment also. Here are a few headsets that you can consider while driving:
Table of Contents
Plantronics Voyager 5200 – Bluetooth Headset
- CUTTING EDGE NOISE CANCELLATION: Voyager 5200 features four microphones and a proprietary DSP that work together to cancel disruptive background noise like traffic or crowds
- EXCLUSIVE WINDSMART TECHNOLOGY: Six layers of our unique WindSmart technology detect wind direction and respond accordingly so your voice comes through clearly especially outdoors
- COMFORT-TESTED DESIGN: Rigorously tested for stability and comfort on a wide range of ear shapes, so it feels as comfortable on your last call of the day as it did on the first
- ALEXA BUILT-IN: With Alexa built-in you can check your schedule, your to-do list or catch up on the latest news. Simply tap, ask and listen
- POWER ON THE GO: Up to 7 hours of nonstop talk from a single charge and up to 9 days in standby mode; optional charging case provides up to 14 hours recharging on the go (sold separately)
Let’s begin with Plantronics Voyager 5200, a Bluetooth Headset best suited for communication while on the move. This gizmo features an adjustable boom arm with four microphones with cutting edge noise cancellation and a proprietary DSP to cancel disruptive background noise like traffic or crowds. Powered by the unique WindSmart Technology, this reliable piece of accessory boasts the ability to detect wind direction and react accordingly for clear audio.
The controls are well designed with the on/off switch on the back of the main unit and have smart sensor technology which detects whether the user is wearing the headset or not. So, if you are listening to music and decide to suddenly take off the device from your ear, it will Pause the audio until you switch it back to play. This 0.71-oz.headset lets you use Google Now or any other voice control. Other features include a handy mute button with an audio reminder, smart sensors for taking calls and pausing music, and a charging case providing 14 hours of charge for this headset. All in all, a good Car Wireless Headphones for people who spend more time on their phones to get much of their work done.
XO Vision IR620 Universal (IR) Infrared Wireless Foldable Headphones
- CUSTOM FIT COMFORT - Enjoy your movie while listening in comfort with extra foam cushioning and adjustable headband that provides a completely custom and comfortable fit while wearing for kids and adults. Extra foam cushioning gives you superior comfort
- WORRY FREE - When you're done, the Auto shut-off feature will enable to conserve battery life
- EASY PAIR - Compatible with most in car infrared transmitters. Gain instant access to your vehicles DVD player system and connect for wireless audio playback.
- EASY TO USE - User friendly On and Off switch as well as volume control that is easily accessible on the side of the headphones for personalized control and comfort. Perfect for kids to use on any length trip!
- EASY TO STORE - The convenient foldable ear cup design provides effortless storage options. Keep your vehicle clutter free when they're not being used and pack them away!
XO Vision IR620 Universal (IR) Infrared Foldable Headphones is one of the most budget-friendly headsets available for entertainment while traveling. These cans pack the optimum punch at a low price. They can be rotated and are foldable for easy storage. The pair comes with a power switch and volume controls and an automatic shutdown feature.
Suitable for both adults and children, XO Vision IR620 Universal (IR) Infrared Foldable Car Wireless Headphones is a good option to listen to the audio from the DVD player of the car. They are a great alternative to the costly OEM headphone often recommended by the car manufacturers and prove to be a great companion on long drives with the family. The functions are pretty simple and do not disappoint; however, the battery remains an issue as they run out at a fairly high pace. Still, it is worth the audio quality and provides a good value for money.
- Auto shut-off
- Batteries included
- Single channel wireless design
- Folds for storage
Audiovox MTGHP1CA single-channel wireless headphone is an IR compatible headset with a carrier frequency of 2.8 MHz for the right channel and 2.3 MHz for the left channel. One of the best value headsets, these pairs has a robust construction and has built-in volume controls on the cups. The foldable earpieces makes the entire gadget compatible and the LED indicator light lets the user know when the headphone has been switched off automatically if not in use.
The over-the-ear design ensures that the audio quality of soundtracks remains clear with minimum distortion and a distinct sound signature. You can keep children engrossed in their favorite shows and DVDs while on the move and this IR headset proves to be a great option to listen to your audio tracks while traveling.
Concept CDC-IR10 over the Head IR Infrared Wireless Stereo Headphones Earphones
- Compatible with all in-vehicle audio/video applications using wireless IR signal technology
- Dual-source with adjustable headband. Rotating earpiece design for compact storage. Includes Volume Control
- Wired or wireless dual operation capability. Closed ear, foam-padded earpieces for superior comfort, sound isolation and noise cancellation.
- Opaque styling, IR-transparent ABS plastic housing.
- Receivers with 270-degree capture of IR signal within 10 ft.
Concept CDC-IR10 uses IR signal technology and proves to be a midrange headset that is compatible with all in-vehicle audio and video applications. It has a dual source adjustable headband capable of wireless as well as wired applications.
The copious cup design foam-padded earpieces offer superior comfort, sound isolation, and noise cancellation. The entire unit is housed in a stylish IR-transparent ABS plastic with opaque styling with receivers capable of reception at 10 feet with 270-degree capture of IR signal. It is important for the user to note that this headset is only compatible with IR technology and does not work with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or other signal types
Dr. Dre Studio Car Wireless Headphones
- Pure adaptive noise canceling (pure ANC) actively blocks external noise
- Real-time Audio calibration preserves a Premium listening experience
- Up to 22 hours of battery life enables full-featured all-day wireless playback
- Apple W1 chip for class 1 wireless Bluetooth connectivity & battery efficiency
- With fast Fuel, a 10-minute charge gives 3 hours of play when battery is low
Dr. Dre Studio Wireless Headphones is one of the most expensive Bluetooth headsets. So unless you are ready to spend lavishly, these luxury set of cans are off-limits for the average driver. But for the audiophile who takes pleasure in savoring every note of music, this pair of headphones comes with unbeatable audio quality and performance. The dual-mode Adaptive Noise Cancelling shuts off the outside world and the Beats Acoustic Engine DSP lets you enjoy music at its best.
The on-ear controls can answer calls, skip tracks and adjust volume without having to reach for your phone or car controls. Capable of operating even at 30 feet, this headphone is not limited to just wireless functions. It also houses a RemoteTalk cable with mic-and-remote to be used with wired sources as well. The built-in rechargeable battery provides 12 hours of wireless operation which can be increased up to 20 hours with wired operations.
Wireless headphones are a good option to keep children occupied so that you can concentrate on your driving while you commute. The in-ear Bluetooth Car Wireless Headphones with microphone is suited for adults to have their conversations while keeping their hands on the steering wheel without losing the focus from the road while driving. Some of the above headsets are unique and have a great performance track record. Having said that, it is best recommended to drive safely and the use of such devices must be kept to the minimum, especially when you are driving and traveling with family and friends.