The German giant Sennheiser is globally recognized for its innovative products from its arsenal. The brand is well known for its accurate audio delivery and quality that we expect from a premium brand. Sennheiser manufactures microphones, headphones, Sennheiser Wireless Headphones, telephone accessories and avionics headsets for personal, professional and business applications for users all around the world.
The brand not only produces premium gadgetry but is also known for luxury products also. One such notable product from the brand is the US$55,000 Orpheus headphone set that created a lot of excitement in the market. Today we look at some Sennheiser Wireless Headphones that can form a part of your daily use delivering good quality audio and an amazing experience.
Table of Contents
Sennheiser RS 165 RF Wireless Headphone System
- Closed back, circumaural headphone system with excellent digital wireless audio transmission delivering range up to 30 meters(100-foot). Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- High-quality Sennheiser transducers and a selectable Bass Boost mode for exceptional sound. Max. sound pressure level 106 dB at 1kHz, 3% THD. Signal-to-noise ratio - typ. 85 dBA at 1 Vrms . Frequency response - 18 - 21,000 Hz
- Multi-purpose transmitter with Analog Input - also functions as 'easy-charge' cradle and docking station for the headphones
- Carrier frequencies: 2.4 - 2.48 GHz. Multi-receiver transmission - transmitter supports up to two pairs of headphones simultaneously (optional HDR 165, sold separately)
- Troubleshoot-sound dropouts or no sound is due to headphones are out of the transmitters range, signal is shielded and there are interfering devices.Operating time : up to 18 hrs
The Sennheiser RS 165 RF Wireless Headphone System consists of two components – the headphones and a base station which acts as a transmitter that also becomes a charging stand. The base station is lightweight and has a digital optical connection at its back end along with a 3.5mm analog jack input for TV or any audio devices. Sennheiser RS 165 is an entry-level model, but still holds value for money. It has an optional bass boost, has a range of 30m and battery life is a whopping 18 hours.
Sennheiser claims that the RS 165 has a 328-foot Radio Frequency (RF)range for theÂ headphones’ transmitter which is true in practice and the user can enjoy a glitch-free sound up to approximately 15m (50 feet) away from the transmitter base. Sound quality is extremely good, and comes with selectable bass boost mode and performs similar to the wired headphone models in the same price segment which can be considered an upper hand. The headphone system sound is well-balanced for music and movies alike with rich bass. One of the most notable features is that there is no significant difference in sound quality when switching between the RS 165’s optical digital and the 3.5mm analog input. The multi-receiver/transmitter supports up to two pairs of headphones simultaneously too.
Sennheiser RS 165 RF Wireless Headphone System gives more of a premium sound experience and a steady wireless connection with notably no latency issues, making it one of the sought after wireless headphones in the market.
Sennheiser RS185 Wireless Headphone System
- Audiophile style open back, circumaural headphone system with excellent digital wireless audio transmission delivering range up to 328feet/100meter (line of sight) .Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- High performance Sennheiser transducers deliver precise, detailed and dynamic sound
- Multipurpose transmitter supports both Digital and Analog Inputs in addition Automatic and Manual Level Control - also functions as 'easy charge' cradle and docking station for the headphones
- Multi receiver transmission transmitter supports up to two pairs of headphones simultaneously (optional HDR 185, sold separately)
- 2 year warranty when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer. Signal to noise ratio: [Analog input] ALC typ. 85 dBA at 1 Vrms, MLC ≥ 90 dBA, [Digital input] > 90 dBA
The Sennheiser RS185 is Hi-fi wireless headphone set that works on Radio Frequency system offering a better range and uncompromising audio quality. The Sennheiser RS185 also comes in two parts – the dock and the headset with the former acting as a charging unit for the headphones. It can also be used for a wired connection from any audio source.
Sennheiser RS185 can be used as both digital and analog, which is rare among RF headphones in general. The full-size headset covers the ears and has soft padded closed ear cups. Comfort is of primary focus here and this is an open-back headphone – which means sound may leak from the drivers causing a disturbance in a quiet household. The battery lasts up to 18 hours and can be seen if the pads are twisted off which reveals a single rechargeable battery in each cup.
When there is a clear line of sight between the dock and the headphones, Sennheiser RS185 has a range of 100m which is far greater Bluetooth headsets. Audio is amazing and has great clarity with a premium feel to its vibes. Audiophiles can enjoy both music and movies alike on this headphone and are undoubtedly one of the best headphones to own.
Sennheiser RS 195
- Closed back, circumaural headphone system with excellent digital wireless audio transmission delivering range up to 328ft/100m (line of sight)Connectivity Technology: Wireless. Frequency response- 17 - 22,000 Hz
- Selectable hearing boost presets with an additional noise suppression mode for clearer dialogues and superior speech intelligibility Music listening mode for increased dynamic range
- Multi-purpose transmitter supports both Digital and Analog Inputs in addition Automatic and Manual Level Control - also functions as 'easy-charge' cradle and docking station for the headphones
- Not compatible with Bluetooth technology Compatible with analog and digital audio inputs, as well as toggling between inputs THD, total harmonic distortion: <05 % at 1 kHz, 100 dB SPL
- Two year warranty when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer
Sennheiser RS 195 is something music and movie lovers will appreciate tremendously. It features various listening/ hearing profiles that boost certain frequency ranges and can even shift the balance of the mix towards the left or right ear. Volume Up/Down controls and a Power button are there on the right earcup and LED status indicators show which listening mode is selected.
The system comes with a digital optical cable and a 3.5 mm cable for TV or auxiliary sound system respectively. The sound signature of Sennheiser RS 195 can be altered and fine-tuned for users with hearing problems for better audibility. We can say a few words, however, about the audio performance. The Sennheiser RS 195 delivers powerful bass response even at high levels when no specialized listening modes are enabled.
The uniqueness of RS 195 Sennheiser Wireless Headphones is the switching of dialogue mode that enhances the speech in whichever program the user chooses corresponding to whatever frequency range it is tuned to. Apart from this, Sennheiser RS 195 is a solid and affordable wireless headphone system even when compared to a great-sounding Bluetooth wireless headphone pair. This is because of the incredible range of 100m its offers.
To conclude, Sennheiser RS 195 is a comfortable RF headphone that pays close attention to the sound and comfort of the user with adjustable listening modes. The premium quality headphone comes with 18 hours of usage time and another creation from the brand that has won the hearts of the masses.
Sennheiser HD 4.40 around Ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
- Bluetooth 4.0 and aptX technologies to deliver exceptional wireless sound quality
- Intuitive ear cup mounted controls for changing tracks and for making calls via the integrated microphone
- Up to 25 hour battery life and is supplied with connecting cable for battery free listening
- Compatible with most smartphones & tablets.Height: 7.8 inch / 19.8 centimeter
- Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 3.9 x 10.2 inches. Connectivity Technology: Wireless; Battery Type: Li ion Polymer Battery
HD 4.40 around Ear Bluetooth Sennheiser Wireless Headphones has an all-black design, with thick earpads on the headphones to help keep noise out in the absence of active noise cancellation. On the right ear cup are a power button, playback control switch, and volume rocker. Even though the headphone is lightweight, the build quality is amazing and can withstand rough handling in day to day use.
Speaking of sound quality, the low-end of this headphone is deep and powerful. The bass is deeper than most headphones available in the market and delivers a clean and accurate sound. The mid-range is well-tuned and the low-mids are warm. The high-end is well-tuned and these headphones offer good stereo separation without sound distortion. According to Sennheiser, these wireless headphones have 25 hours of usage capacity on one single charge which has been validated by customers also. The wireless range on the Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT headphones is up to 10 meters of range but manages to give a good clear audio output.
Overall, the Sennheiser HD 4.0 BT headphones are well-designed, decently comfortable with clear sound quality. A great product for the price you pay, this is a great piece of accessory that you can use in your day to day life.
This pretty much sums up some of the best Sennheiser Wireless Headphones. Stay tuned for my updates on other brands. Check out these amazing gadgets on Amazon and look out for seasonal offers too.