When it comes to watching TV, you want a good pair of wireless headphones that will have a clear sound, decent battery life, and a nice Bluetooth radius. With a variety of different wireless headphones out on the market, it could be hard to figure out which is the best for you. Some wireless headphones are easy to use and connect to your television, while others can be a little more difficult if a transmitter isn’t included. Depending on your type of television and needs, you will need a specific wireless and Bluetooth headphone for your television needs.
We’ve taken some of the pressure off you and found eight of the best wireless headphones for television. Take a look at some of our favorites and decide for yourself which one might work the best for you.
Table of Contents
1. Sennheiser RS 175
- Compact, ergonomic over ear headphones. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Bass boost and surround sound listening modes. Maximum sound pressure level : 114 dB at 1kHz, 3 percentage THD. THD, total harmonic distortion : less than 0.5 percentage at 1 kHz, 100 dB SPL
- Digital wireless technology ensures that signal transmission remains clear and accurate.Carrier frequencies:2.4 - 2.48 GHz
- Easy to set up and enjoy. Range Up to 100 m. Frequency response 17 22,000 Hz. Signal to noise ratio Analog input typ. 85 dBA at 1 Vrms. Signal to noise ratio Digital input greater than 90 dBA
- MAIN controls located on headphones
When it comes to a great headphone, Sennheiser knows what they are doing. The company promises an interference-free sound with its class-leading, proprietary wireless link technology. The headphones operate on a 2.4GHz band with a Bluetooth range of 100 meters. The design is comfortable with a closed-back over-ear design that keeps the sound your listening to air tight. These are a snug-fitting pair of headphones though, so you may need a break while wearing them.
They are super easy to set up as well and come with two components: the headphones and a base station transmitter. The base station is great because it also is used as a charging station, and it is lightweight so it can easily be tucked away when the guest is over. There are a digital optical connection and a 3.5mm analog minijack input that will help you connect your headphones to your television or any audio component that has corresponding outputs with the included cables.
The battery life for the Sennheiser RS 175 boost a pleasant 18 hours of life. Although these headphones are on the higher end and come with a big price tag, they are worth what you pay for.
2. Artiste 2018TVH03
- [BREAKTHROUGH 2.4GHZ RF TECHNOLOGY] 2.4GHz RF means stronger penetrability, further wireless range, steadier signal transmission and lower distortion. Allow you to listen to music while walking around in your home without skip or interruption. Triple the wireless range than the traditional Bluetooth headphone (33ft) to 100ft!
- [BRILLIANT SOUND QUALITY] Enjoy Hi-Fi stereo sound without compromise. Artiste TV Headphone streaming amazing crystal clear sound with a frequency response of 25Hz - 20kHz. Digital signal guarantees you the extra bass and crisp treble performance without distortion. Distortion: 0.5%
- [COMPATIBILITY BEYOND YOUR IMAGINE] Be compatible with Tablet / iPads / Laptop / Cellphone / Radio / CD and MP3 players / TV sets and Computers. The package come with a RCA Cable and 6.3mm Adapter for easy access to all kinds of audio device.
- [COMFORTABLE THAN EVER] Adjustable soft-padded headband and Over-Ear ear pads designed to provide maximum comfort. Full-sealed ear pads effectively reduce the sound leakage to return a sweet dream to your families while you can watch TV intently.
- [OUTSTANDING BATTERY PERFORMANCE ] Support continuous working for 20 hours with one full charge. Artiste TV Headphone is a way more powerful than those Bluetooth headphones only support 7~8 hours of working time. Free yourself from charging the headphone every day!
If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly of headphones, the Ariste is an excellent option. These headphones come with a 2.4GHz RF transmitter that quickly helps you connect your wireless headphones to your TV. The transmitter promised 100-feet in range, and while you’re walking around the house, there is little skips or interruptions. The sound is pretty nice with these headphones as well. The frequency response is 25 Hz-20 kHz that gives you a clear and precise sound. With a closed-back, around-ear headphone, watching television will be great since there is minimal sound leakage and reduce ambient noise. The headband is soft and adjustable for comfortable, extended wear.
The docking station that comes with the headphones is nice, but there are issues placing the headphones on to charge from time to time. The transmitter allows you to connect multiple pairs of headphones at once as well. If your television is capable of connecting to your headphones, you can buy a digital to analog converter so you can easily wire the headphones in.
With a 20-hour battery life on one charge, these headphones will survive a binge-watch all night. For the price of these headphones, you get a lot of great features for an even better price.
3. Avantree HT3189
- [ Important Notice ] Supports: 1) RCA Red / White Audio OUT (if not marked "Audio Out", it is most likely Audio In which is NOT compatible) , 2) AUX / 3.5mm, 3) USB audio out. Does NOT support Optical / Digital Out. *Please check your TV before purchase.
- [ Plug and Play ] Simply turn on the Bluetooth transmitter (Priva III) and the Bluetooth headphone (AS9S) - they will connect automatically, no need to pair.
- [ No Audio Lag & Dual Link ] No lip-sync delay - ideal for watching TV & videos on a computer without audio/visual lag. Dual-linking, you can add a 2nd pair of headphones to share audio with a friend or family member. (Recommend Avantree FS Headphones)
- [ Extended Long Range ] Built with Class I Bluetooth Technology which can transmit up to 30 meters - which works out to about 100 feet. This TV Bluetooth set delivers a longer and more stable wireless transmission for your audio.
- [ Multi Function ] Get 2-in-1 package with the headphones (AS9S - playtime up to 40Hrs) and transmitter having the ability to be used independently with other Bluetooth devices, e.g. Cellphone, Computer, TV, Headphones, Speakers.
The Avantree HT3189 comes with a transmitter that makes it simple to pair to your television. All you need to do is turn on the Bluetooth transmitter and your headphones, and they will automatically connect to your TV without the need for pairing. You can use these headphones with more than just your TV as well. If you need them for your phone, PC, or other devices they can easily be hooked up with your transmitter. The headphones offer a vast range as well, 100-feet, which we typically see with similar headphones. They feature a 3.5mm AUX, RCA, and PC USB Digital Audio interfaces, which makes it compatible with numerous devices.
There is a zero lip-sync delay with these headphones, making them ideal for TV and movies. You can even add a second pair of headphones so you can watch movies with your family together. The earpads are adjustable to help provide comfort for extended wears and a customizable fit. The transmitter is ideal too. Instead of a huge dock that most headphones come with, the Avantree HT3189 went a different route with a smaller round transmitter.
If you plan on using these headphones for a while, then you’re good since they promise a 40 hour playback time. An even better feature with the battery is it only takes three hours to charge the headphones fully. The sound quality is excellent in these headphones as well. You get a clear and sharp audio quality, perfect for your favorite shows.
4. Sony MDR-RF985RK
With the Sony MDR-RF985RK, you get a hi-end sound that will help immerse you into whatever you’re watching on television. The sound quality is excellent with these headphones since they give you the possibility to hear all the tunes and sounds to the maximum quality. The headphones come with an FM transmitter that you can pair with your TV and uses optimal radio frequency to give you a truly wireless experience. The transmitter also allows you to dock your headphones which will charge the headphones when you’re not using them.
They also boost a range of 150 feet without interruptions, which is better than most wireless headphones. The headphones come with a powerful 1.57 driver and automatic tuning. The headband is wide and self-adjusting so you can have a personalized and comfortable fit. The transmitter that comes along with the headphones also acts as a dock for them. You can charge your headphones while they are docked and the dock isn’t bulky.
They offer a 25-hour battery life, and it only takes 3.5-hours to get a full chargeback into these headphones. The headphones provide a mid-range when it comes to pricing. They aren’t top of the line, but they aren’t the cheapest on the market that you can go and buy.
5. Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2
- Audio quality: immersive, high res sound, and powerful speaker drivers deliver the right balance of rich bass, crisp highs, and natural mid tones for your music
- Active Noise Cancelling (ANC): Switch on active noise cancelling (ANC) to minimize ambient noise while working or traveling
- 24 Hour streaming/ listen Longer: enjoy upto 24 hours of wireless music, movies and calls before choosing the cabled connection or recharging
- Wireless freedom: stream rich, lifelike audio upto 100 meters/330 feet away from your class 1 bluetooth smartphone or tablet
- Travel sleeve: Ear cups swivel flat to slip into the protective nylon travel sleeve; Frequency response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
The Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 offers a versatile headphone for your everyday need. The headphones provide a vast range and low latency codecs, both aptX, and aptX-LL. They come with a 35ms latency when using the aptX-LL, which makes them great for watching a show or movie. You can purchase a transmitter that pairs perfectly with these headphones. The Bluetooth transmitter is an aptX-LL ready and can be used with a 1/8″ AUX or optical input.
These are a noise-canceling headphone, so you can easily tune out your surroundings. They also come with an open listening mode so you can hear what is happening around you. There is a smart sensor that can tell when you take your headphones off and will automatically stop the sound you’re listening to. The audio is rich and defined, with high notes and crisp sound. The Bluetooth range is also great. You can get 100 meters, or 330 feet, of wireless freedom and listen with these headphones.
The battery life is also another impressive feature. The headphones last for 24-hours on one charge. You can connect your headphone to more than one device as well, so you can easily change between your phone to television. These headphones are of the more expensive side, but it does come with amazing features you can’t get anywhere else.
6. Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphone
- IMPRESSIVE SOUND QUALITY IS THE ULTIMATE GOAL: The High-fidelity stereo sound benefits from the 40mm neodymium driver, CSR chip, and the around-ear cushion design which provide a well-closed and immersed enviroment for your ears, Just lose yourself in the music! NOTE: Mpow 059 headphones is passive noise isolating, NOT active noise cancellation(ANC), it can't cancel the noise completely but it won't drain the battery and damage the sound. 2. The closed-back design provides immersive Hi-Fi sound with CSR chip and 40mm driver together, it is better than ANC in term of sounds quality.
- BUILT TO STAY COMFORTABLE: The Memory-protein ear cushion simulate human skin texture, ensuring lasting comfort. The stainless steel slider and softly padded headband allows you to find the perfect fit without constraint and provide excellent durability.
- NEVER POWER OFF, BOTH WIRELESS & WIRED: 1. The wireless mode: Battery update to 20-hr music time/ talking time in a single charge. A 10-minute charge gives 2 hours of play when battery is low. 2. The Wired mode: you can also use it as a wired headphone with the provided audio cable so the headphones will never power off.
- FOLDABLE DESIGN WITH A PORTABLE BAG & GENTLE REMINDER: The foldable Headband is not only designed for saving your desk space but for carrying in the provided bag. In case of that and to get both audio and wearing comfort, please take off the headphone every 1-2 hrs to get your ears relax.
These are probably going to be one of the most affordable wireless headphones you can buy for your television needs. The sound quality is excellent with these headphones, and they offer a noise-isolation feature to help keep the background sound low. The design is similar to other headphones on this list, with a close back look and an over-ear cup. The ear cups are padded and provide comfort if you plan on wearing them for an extended period. You get a clear, crisp sound due to the 40mm driver that is equipped inside of the headphone.
The headphone also features a wireless mode where you can use the built-in microphone for calls when you’re lounging on the couch. The Bluetooth connection is excellent, as well. You can get 33-feet of the radius with Bluetooth, meaning you can walk to the kitchen and back without interrupting your show. The battery life is also great for these headphones, boosting a 20-hour listening time on a full charge.
7. Jabra Elite 85h
- BLOCK UNWANTED BACKGROUND NOISE: Jabra Elite 85h Wireless Headphones are engineered for the best wireless calls and music experience with SmartSound*; Smart Active Noise cancellation responds to the environment, switching on if it detects background noise
- SMARTSOUND AUDIO: The revolutionary SmartSound Audio technology in these Bluetooth headphones analyze your sound environment and automatically applies your personalized audio to give you the sound you need, when you need it
- LONG BATTERY LIFE HEADPHONES: Up to 36 hours of battery on a single charge (with ANC switched on), and fast charging of 5 battery hours in 15 minutes; Listen from the start of the day to the end with these noise canceling headphones
- UNMATCHED CALL QUALITY: The advanced technology uses 6 of the 8 built in microphones to enhance call quality and block out background and wind noise; This enables crystal clear sound, so you can make and receive calls in total confidence
- WATER RESISTANT: No matter the elements, you're prepared to go anywhere with certified water and rain resistant headphone technology and nano coating of the internal components; Plus, there are no pesky wires in these Bluetooth wireless headphones
The Jabra Elite 85h is a premium noise-canceling headphone that is made for entertainment. They come with 40mm speakers and connect wireless via Bluetooth. The headphones also have a smart sensor, so when you take them off, it will automatically pause the sound. You can also customize the headphones to turn off at a certain point to help save the battery. The headphones are also equipped with a SmartSound that will automatically adjust your audio according to the environment around you.
They are rain and dust-resistant, so if they get forgotten for a bit, they will still be up to your binging challenges when you come back to them. They come with Bluetooth 5.0, plus a USB-C and a 3.5mm jack so you can use them even wired to a device. Eight devices can be paired to the headphones, but you can have two devices pair at one time. They also come with a range of 33-feet, which isn’t as impressive as others we have seen.
The battery life is impressive on the Jabra Elite 85h, coming in with 36-hour battery life. If you need additional playing time, they will last another five hours off of a 15-minute charge. These headphones offer a lot of features, and with those features come with a big price tag, but for the most part, they are worth what you pay.
8. Noontec Hammo TV Headphone
The Noontec Hammo TV Headphone uses an aptX codec for Bluetooth audio transmission to help you be wireless during your Breaking Bad binge. This type of connection is excellent since it helps the latency, but it also maintains an excellent sound quality. The headphones come with a docking station that is also a transmitter, which you don’t necessarily need. The transmitter can be wired to your television, so you’re headphone can run off of it, but they are also Bluetooth capable, so you have numerous options.
The downside is you can’t charge your headphones on the dock; instead, you need to plug them in with the 3.5mm cable that comes with them. The Bluetooth range is also a bit smaller and similar to the Jabra Elite, coming in at 32-feet of radius before you start to have some issues.
The headphones do have a fantastic battery life, with 50-hours of playtime. The 50-hours is a give or take, since your volume controls, and other components can affect your battery level. The headphones also come with a reasonable price, basically being in the middle of luxury and more affordable.
As you can tell, there is a wide range of headphones for you to choose from when it comes to television. Some are affordable, and some have a long battery life, you need to see which fits perfectly into your binge-watching life the best. Before purchasing a pair of wireless headphones for you television, make sure they can pair easily and work for the type of television you have. If you need help pairing you new wireless headphones to your television, check out our article giving you tips and details on how to do accomplish that.