As a part of my craze for music and games, I often get to test and experience a lot of headphones at the request of my friends and colleagues, since I mostly stay updated and have been told that have the best choice when it comes to these wonders.
Speaking of brands, LG happens to be a leader in making cutting edge and technologically advanced electronic consumer products for global users. Recently I had an opportunity to test a few of LGâ€™s Bluetooth headphones and made a note of the ones that I liked. Here are a few that made a great impression on me and would highly recommend to all for regular use â€“ be it working out or travelling.
Table of Contents
LG Tone Platinum HBS-1100
- Smooth-Contoured Design with Anodized Brushed Aluminum Alloy Trim - Sleek, ergonomic curves provide a premium feel.
- Hi-Fi Sound - Qualcomm aptX HD for 24-bit music support. Harman Kardon Platinum Sound - Refined, full-bodied sound with rich bass.
- Balanced Armature Speaker Unit - Optimally tuned sound that picks up every detail.
- Dual MEMS Microphones - Maintain exceptionally clear voice calls with an advanced noise cancellation solution.
- In the box: Bluetooth Headset, Micro USB Charging Cable (AC Adapter Head Not Included), Extra Ear Gels (Small and Large), Product Documents(User Manual, Quick Start Guide, & Warranty Card)
The LG Tone Platinum HBS-1100 has a solid build quality along with an attractive look and has a combination of matte black with a glossy body. On the left side of the wireless headphone there is a small volume slider and multifunction button for answering phone calls and can be used with voice commands. On the right side of the headphones there are playback controls where you can pause and play music or change tracks with the sliding control.
The LG Platinum HBS-1100 headphones comes with retractable earbuds which can be pulled out to 4 or 5 inches and can be reeled back in by using a button on the inner portion of the headphone. The earbuds have silicon tips for a good snug fit without slipping. The headphones use Bluetooth to connect to smart devices as well as computers with the initial setup being very easy for beginners; multiple devices can also be paired to the headphones without any hiccups.
By downloading the LG â€œTalk and Toneâ€ app on any Android phone, shortcuts can be assigned to different controls on the headphones for reading out messages and much more. The battery life is about 10 hours requires a charging time of about 90 minutes to 2 hours.
Lastly, the sound is incredible. With always-on noise cancelling feature, Qualcomm saptX codec for 24-bit music support and the Harman Kardon sound stamp, the headphones works well removing most of the outside noise while listening to music even on a moderate volume. The bass is rich without getting too muddy and the mids are balanced out for vocals. Overall, LG Tone Platinum HBS-1100 do provide a good experience and proves to be a long lasting accessory as compared to other counterparts from various brands.
LG Force Stereo Bluetooth Headset
- IPxx5 Rated Water and Sweat Resistant - Powerful defense against sweat and rain.
- Full-Ear Contoured Designed - Ergonomically designed for maximum comfort and stability.
- Customizable Fit - True comfort with a rotating wraparound silicone earpiece and adjustable strap.
- Qualcomm aptX - Qualcomm aptX support for CD-level sounds quality.
- HD Speaker - Exceptional sound quality for music and calls.
With the LG Force Stereo Bluetooth headset, all you can expect is good quality sound with simplistic design. Made for everyday use, this wireless headphone is built for rugged use. The in-ear headphone fits snug in your ear and the small loops make sure the headphone stays in place while you run or workout in the gym. Preferred and approved by athletes around the world, the LG Force Bluetooth headset is a great workout companion.
The IPX-5 rating makes it water and sweat-resistant. The sound quality is that of a premium headphone which is quite surprising for such a small piece of accessory. The connecting wires are flat and can be easily hung around the neck while carrying around. The Bluetooth connectivity is easy and connects with almost all smart devices and allows the user an instant experience of high quality sound.
Equipped with enhanced by Qualcomm aptX support, the feel of music is very powerful and punchy with notable bass and clear high and lows.
LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset
- Enhanced Audio and Bass Response
- A2DP Bluetooth Profile
- apt-X Audio Compression
- Noise Reduction Technology
- Text-to-Speech Conversion
Once again from the Tone series, the LG Tone Plus HBS-730 is a lightweight, portable and stylish wireless headphone for athletes and sport enthusiasts. The sound is fine-tuned and the headphone runs on Bluetooth 3.0 works with most devices. The sound quality is clear with tight bass and a full, well-rounded audio that feels warm to listen to. The enhanced bass works great with pop, hip hop and electronic dance music, but also delivers balanced mids and sharp trebles.
The LG Tone Plus HBS-730 has built-in apt-X technology and also works with A2DP and AVRCP profiles. The headphone is basically designed as a neck band with magnets that holds the earbuds-style headphones in place. The buds can be detached while listening to music and the band rests on your neck.
With in-ear buds the headphones provide excellent noise isolation while on-the-go and feature an in-built microphone with Echo cancellation allowing receiving calls conveniently at the touch of a button. The controls are located on the band and have features like call waiting, call rejection, last number redial, auto reconnect and voice activated dialing on this impressive Bluetooth headphone.
The headphones are compatible with iOS and Android phones and other smart devices. However, Android users can download LGâ€™s BT Reader Application from Google Play, to read incoming text messages in real time. The LG HBS-730 supports dual pairing and has a battery life of 15 hours talk time and 10 hours of music playback time.
LG Tone Infinim HBS-900
- LG TONE INFINIM provides cutting edge design, convenient technology, and a high level of performance and reliability in a mobile device.
- The sleek metallic finish and ergonomic design will get you noticed, and Harman Kardon Signature Sound delivers premium audio quality.
- Retractable earbuds provide a simple, unique approach to cord management. Plus, the easy access jog button allows for fluid one-touch volume and music control while ear gels provide a comfortable solution for all-day wear and use.
- AptX compatibility delivers lifelike sound for enjoying music while features such as HD voice and a MEMS microphone allow for crystal-clear voice interactions.
- Tone & Talk application supports SMS Reading on Android devices. Current time alert, Battery Status alert and vibration on/off functions are also available.
The LG Tone Infinim HBS-900 with audio by Harman Kardon is currently the most preferred wireless headphone from the LG Tone series. It has an around-the-neck design is lightweight with retractable earbuds that stick to the edges of the band. Gently pulling the earbud(s) out can allow you to receive calls or listen to music.Each side the neckband has a button that, when pressed, reels the thin cable back in.
Apart from these, there are buttons for pause and playing music, volume control, answering and ending calls and skipping tracks forward and back. The additional aptX feature makes Bluetooth streaming sound better for devices that support it and the Infinim earbuds vibrates when a call comes in. For Android users, downloading the free Tone and TalkÂ app from Google Play Store can enable the feature of SMS reading via the headphone.
The Infinim offers good clarity and a fairly natural sound with a wide variety of music including techno which is where the sweet spot of this headphone lies. Battery life is good with upto 14 hours of music playback with some noise reduction. Bluetooth connectivity is good and smooth while in range and gives a great way of enjoying music while travelling, running or working out.
LG, as a brand, does not disappoint with the above headphones and proves to be a great, long lasting companion with a reasonable price tag. Stay tuned for more updates from other brands to make the right choice on wireless headphones and experience the best music. Until next time, this is me signing off. Peace.