Wireless headphones are fabulous for numerous reasons. Between being easy to operate, simple storage, and no messy wires, Bluetooth is the next important thing. Bluetooth is essential when it comes to a wireless headphone because it allows us to listen to our phones, computers, or other devices without having to worry about plugging into something. The Bluetooth capability also allows us to take calls or use our phone’s voice assistant while still wearing the headphones, making them convenient for a person who is on the run.
With all the wireless headphones that are out on the market, it could seem confusing on what headphones are the best ones when it comes to Bluetooth. We decided to compile a list of some of the best wireless Bluetooth headphones that would be perfect for you.
Table of Contents
- DIGITAL NOISE CANCELING: Industry leading ANC lends a personalized, virtually soundproof experience
- VOICE ASSISTANT: Alexa enabled for voice access to music, information and more. Activate with a simple touch
- QUICK ATTENTION MODE: Cover the right ear cup to turn down your music for instant, easy conversation
- SMART LISTENING: Adjusts the ambient sound to your activity to give you the best noise cancellation
- TOUCH CONTROLS: Control music tracks and volume, activate your voice assistant and take phone calls
The Sony WH-1000XM3 has Bluetooth capability and are comfortable to wear for long periods of time. There is a noise-canceling feature with the headphones that helps you concentrate on your music or studying, and the battery life for them is strong. They offer a quick charge feature that will give you 5 hours of use from a 10-minute charge, and they offer a 30 hours battery life if you listen with a moderate volume level. When it comes to the specs, the headphones offer a nice treble, with warm and natural mid-range, plus the bass is deep but defined.
The Bluetooth has a range of 30 feet, or 10 meters, with a frequency range of 2.4 GHz band and supports a lot of formats like SBC, AAX, aptx, and LDAC. The Sony WH-1000XM3 do retail for a high price, but they offer a lot of great features which helps lessen the pain of the price tag.
2. Apple Airpods 2019
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices
- Quick access to Siri by saying "Hey Siri"
- Double-tap to play or skip forward
- New Apple H1 headphone chip delivers faster wireless connection to your devices
Apple has updated its Airpods with a new H1 chip that supports Bluetooth 5.0, and they have improved audio synchronization and an always-on Siri mode. The new model of the Apple Airpods also comes with a carrying case that features a USB/Lightning cable, but you can also purchase a Qi-compatible charging mat if you want. The Airpods offer a big battery life for a small headphone, promising 24-hours of playback.
They also feature a new soft-touch coating that offers a grip to them, which allows them to stay in the user’s ear more securely. The biggest update with the headphones is the H1 chip that has voice recognition, so instead of tapping the Airpod to activate Siri, you just need to say “Hey Siri.” The Bluetooth is easy to install also and is typically listed in the Bluetooth connection menu across your devices.
3. AKG N700NC
- First class adaptive noise cancelling technology
- Comfort fit ergonomics
- Flat foldable in a premium portable package
- 20 hours battery life
- Crystal clear calls and chats at the touch of a button
The AKG N700NC wireless headphone is not only great when it comes to Bluetooth but also amazing for their noise canceling effect and their Smart Ambient feature. With this feature, you can assign a specific button on the headphone, which will activate an Ambient Aware mode, so it turns off the noise-canceling features and allows you to hear the sounds around you. The headphones are comfortable to wear with padding on the headband and ear cups to keep you comfortable for long periods of time. In the headphone’s app, you are able to create your own custom EQ setting that allows you to tweak the bass, treble, and mids to whatever you like.
In general, the sound is clear, high, and natural-sounding, perfect for the price you are going to pay for these headphones. There’s a solid battery life that also comes with the headphones, promising 23 hours of listening with Bluetooth and noise-canceling turned on and 36 hours with Bluetooth turned off. With Bluetooth, the headphones can support up to 8 paired devices, but only one can play at a time.
4. Beats Studio3 Wireless
- Pure adaptive noise canceling (pure ANC) actively blocks external noise
- Real-time Audio calibration preserves a Premium listening experience
- Up to 22 hours of battery life enables full-featured all-day wireless playback
- Apple W1 chip for class 1 wireless Bluetooth connectivity & battery efficiency
- With fast Fuel, a 10-minute charge gives 3 hours of play when battery is low.Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
These headphones are basically the same as the ones that Beat released in 2014 but with a little added fun. The earpads are softer for a more comfortable and long wear fit, and they changed the sound. Now they offer a better sound, battery life, and noise-canceling feature than the previous model. The sound offers a better natural sound and a better bass definition, with cleaner sound altogether. The headphones also include new drivers with a new circuitry that includes Apple’s W1 chip. This is important because it helps you easily connect your headphones to Apple devices and offers a better battery life. These headphones can last for 22 hours with the noise-canceling feature on.
The battery life can change depending on volume level, but you can easily hit 20 hours with playback and if you turn the noise canceling off the last 40 hours. The Bluetooth features allow you to connect these headphones to other non-Apple products, but there is a special pairing feature for Apple devices running on iOS 10 or later, WatchOS 3 or later, and macOS Sierra or later. The headphones offer a Class 1 Bluetooth, so you stay connected to your device even when it isn’t nearby and offers fewer dropouts.
5. Microsoft Surface Headphones
The Microsoft Surface Headphones are comfortable to wear for long periods of time and offer an integrated dial in each ear cup. For the right ear, you turn the dial to change the volume and the left to adjust the amount of noise canceling you want. The headphones are equipped with eight microphones, including four beamforming mics that help make your voice sound clear on calls or issuing commands with the Cortana digital voice assistant. Similar to the Apple Airpods, the Cortana feature is always on and all you need to do is say “Hey Cortana,” for a little extra help. These headphones work well with other mobile Bluetooth devices, including iOS devices, but Cortana won’t work.
With Bluetooth 4.2, you can connect to multiple devices and swap between them easily. You can also charge your headphones via USB-C, and they offer a quick-charge feature that gives one hour of playback for a 5-minute charge. The battery life promises 15 hours but if you turn Bluetooth off and plug them in, they offer about 50 hours of playback.
6. Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2
- Audio quality: immersive, high res sound, and powerful speaker drivers deliver the right balance of rich bass, crisp highs, and natural mid tones for your music
- Active Noise Cancelling (ANC): Switch on active noise cancelling (ANC) to minimize ambient noise while working or traveling
- 24 Hour streaming/ listen Longer: enjoy upto 24 hours of wireless music, movies and calls before choosing the cabled connection or recharging
- Wireless freedom: stream rich, lifelike audio upto 100 meters/330 feet away from your class 1 bluetooth smartphone or tablet
- Travel sleeve: Ear cups swivel flat to slip into the protective nylon travel sleeve; Frequency response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
Plantronics is labeling their headphones “premium headphones for less.” The newest model of the Plantronics headphones, the Backbeat Pro 2, offers a slimmer look and a reduced weight. The sound offers a clean, dynamic, and well-balanced sound that is pretty comparable to higher brand headphones. The Bluetooth offers minimal issues and allows for a clean sound as well. The headphones are made for calls and works great as a headset, plus they have a feature that allows you to hear your voice in the headphone as you talk.
They are also equipped with a mute button on the side of the headphone, perfect for conference calls when you’re on the go. The battery life is 24 hours at a moderate volume level, but you can get more out of them if they are plugged in. These headphones come with a cool Smart sensor that will automatically pause or resume your music as you remove or put on your headphones. With the Bluetooth you can connect to two devices at once and easily switch between them. The headphones don’t run on the top of the Bluetooth line but do come with Bluetooth 4.0.
7. Bowers & Wikins PX
- Bowers & Wilkins PERFORMANCE - PX draws on decades of Bowers & Wilkins design experience to take you to the very heart of the music with its breath-taking performance
- ADAPTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION - Perfect sound anywhere - on a plane, in the street or in the office. The best adaptive noise cancelling headphones, customizable to your exact preference. Battery life- Up to 22 hours BT/ANC. Up to 29 hours BT/no ANC. Up to 33 hours ANC/wired. Up to 50 hours wired/no ANC
- FEEL MORE OF YOUR MUSIC - Built with the same drive units from our P9 Signature headphones, the PX provides optimized listening performance. We have also subtly angled the drivers to provide a more natural stereo perspective. Impedance: 22 ohms (passive)
- PX RESPONDS TO YOU - When you need to pause, lift an ear cup. Put PX down and it goes to sleep. Pick it up to resume playing. Worry less about your headphones and enjoy your music more.
- SMART POWER - With a 22-hour battery life, PX is always ready; put it down and it goes into power-saving sleep mode; pick it up and you're good to go. PX is the smartest Bluetooth headphone on the market.
This is the first pair of Bowers & Wikins headphones that features both Bluetooth and a noise-canceling feature. They have a sleek and stylish design and come in two colors, space gray and soft gold. They not only look great on, but they also have a sturdy built. These headphones charge with a USB-C and offer a wired mode so you can plug in while on an airplane. They come with a 22-hour battery life with wireless and noise-canceling turned on. They have three different noise-canceling modes, and you can choose between the three on an app that you download. Similar to the Plantronics, they come with an auto-pause and auto-resume feature, so when you take an ear cup off your music will automatically stop playing.
The Bluetooth performance is solid, and the integrated microphone works great if you need to make calls. The sound is natural, and it has great midranges and clarity. If you’re into bass, then these headphones are great since the bass is deep but not super punchy. The Bluetooth model is 4.1 with aptX HD, similar to the previous headphones mentioned.
8. V-Moda Crossfade 2 Wireless
- Virtually Indestructible Steel Flex Headband made in durable vegan leather. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Steel Frame. Clean Deep Bass - Feel and hear precise vibrations of your music without bloated boom or muddy mids
- Durable Cable/Plug Bend - Cables and 45-degree plug can bend over 1 million times (100x industry standard)
- Headband Bend - Steel Flex can bend 10+ times flat
- NOTE ON WARRANTY - V-MODA offers Premium Limited Warrant only to products bought from Amazon.com and V-MODA Direct
The V-Moda Crossfade 2 comes with a 50mm driver and a better frequency response when listening to them. The 50mm driver gives you a frequency range from 5Hz to 40Hz, and there is a dual-diaphragm driver that use a high-resolution copper-clad aluminum wire coil that will give you a Hi-Red Audio when in a wired mode. For the price, these are one of the best-sounding Bluetooth headphones on the market. When using the Bluetooth devices, these headphones offer a better sound quality and sound clarity, plus a sculpted bass. The headphones are equipped with a microphone for voice calls, but it isn’t as impressive as other wireless headphones.
There are minimal Bluetooth hiccups, and the fit of the headphone is comfortable, plus they come with a larger ear pad for maximum wearing time. The noise-canceling feature is also a plus on their headphones and help cut natural distractions when wearing them. With a 14-hour battery life, you can use your headphones for a while or an unlimited amount of time when wired in analog mode. With Bluetooth, you can listen to your device up to 10 meters, or 30 feet, away with no issues.
9. Bose SoundSport Wireless
- Bose active EQ provides balanced audio at any volume. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Wireless convenience, with easy Bluetooth and NFC pairing aided by voice prompts
- Exclusive Stay Hear and tips keep the headphones comfortably in place during workouts
- Sweat and weather resistance for reliability while exercising
- Up to 6 hours battery life per charge
Besides the Apple Airpods, these are the only other ear bud type headphone we are talking about. The Bose SoundSport Wireless is the companies first Bluetooth sports headphones and one of the best out there. The headphones come in three sizes, small, medium, and large, and don’t completely go into the ear canal like other headphones. Since they aren’t an over ear headphone some ambient noise can leak in when you are wearing them. There is an inline mic and remote inside the headphone that allows you to skip songs, adjust the volume. and make calls. They are water-resistant and sweat-resistant which is great since they are label as a sport headphone.
There is minimal Bluetooth issues and easily pairs with numerous different types of devices. You can also download the Bose Connect app which allows you to manage your pairing list, upgrade the firmware, and change the auto power off settings. Since they are a smaller type of headphone the battery life is a lot small. Promising 6-hours of battery but you can get a charging case that extends the battery to 18-hours. The Bluetooth sound is great but it does have some sound issues when playing off of a computer.
As you can see, these nine headphones will stand up to all your wireless Bluetooth needs. Any of these headphones are great for your needs. Look at the battery life and other features to determine your favorite.