For those that prefer to have an lightweight build and an isolated sound, in-ear wireless earphones provide the best experience. Wireless earphones tend to have a cord cinch that rests on the back of your neck, and connect via Bluetooth technology. These types of headphones are perfect if you need to move around a lot without losing audio quality or performance. Runners, business professionals, gamers, these headphones are for you.
In this post, weâ€™ll run down four of our favorite in-ear wireless earphones in 2017. Some have been chosen for their build, others for their audio quality, and others for the unique capabilities they provide.
Letâ€™s get started:
Table of Contents
4 Best In-Ear Wireless Earphones
Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones
- A high quality audio experience, consistently balanced at any volume, thanks to Bose active EQ. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Wireless convenience, with easy Bluetooth and NFC pairing aided by voice prompts
- Exclusive Stay Hear and tips keep the headphones comfortably in place during workouts
- Sweat and weather resistance for reliability while exercising
- Up to 6 hours battery life per charge. Please refer the User Guide before use
The Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones have become renown for their comfortable design and their isolated sound. Theyâ€™re perfect for businessmen and for exercise enthusiasts. Available in Aqua, Black, Citron, and Power Red, they feature silicone tips in the shape of wings and have an inline remote with a mic for taking calls or controlling your music playback, and are connected by a neckband cinch. The material is sweatproof, so you donâ€™t have to worry about them slipping off while youâ€™re running. The headphones connect conveniently over Bluetooth to your phone.
The plastic in the headphones is lightweight and relatively durable. Theyâ€™re small enough to be transported while robust enough to protect against the regular wear and tear from sitting inside your bag. Once you place the earbuds in your ear, however, youâ€™ll notice that the silicone feels comfier than other earbuds. It may take some getting used to, as there may be a feeling of looseness, but youâ€™ll get over it pretty quick.
When we played a few radio hits to test the audio quality, we were impressed by the clarity for such small speakers. Songs like â€œRockstarâ€ by Post Malone brought out the snare and Postâ€™s vocals out more prominently. Isolation was sometimes an issue, as I could still hear conversations in the background. It wasnâ€™t enough to distract me from the music though. These headphones are great for calls and classical music, but not so much for bass heavy songs. The bass didnâ€™t boom as much as I would have liked for hip-hop or trap tracks.
These headphones last 6 hours on a single charge, longer than most other wireless headphones.Â
Shure SE215-CL-BT1 Wireless Sound Isolating Earphones
- Double-tap either AirPods to activate Siri, without taking your iPhone out of your pocket
- Need a quick charge? Just 15 minutes in the case gives you 3 hours of listening time
- Air Pods provide rich, high-quality AAC Audio. And when you want to be heard, dual beamforming microphones filter out background noise when you make calls or Talk to Siri
- Just take them out and they're ready to use with all your devices, put them in your ears and they connect instantly
The Apple AirPods made a big splash when they were first announced. Some praised Appleâ€™s focus on wireless, while others criticized the uninspired design. A few months later, the Apple Airpods have started to gain some traction, and more and more people in public have been sporting them.
So what makes these different from the regular earpods? First of all, not only are they Bluetooth wireless, but theyâ€™re what Apple calls, â€œTrue Wirelessâ€. This is just fancy marketing speak for earbuds that donâ€™t require a cinch or a cord to connect them. The Airpods run on the W1 chip, which helps manage the power when theyâ€™re not in use and connects them in seconds (as soon as theyâ€™re in range), leading to 5 hours of listening time on one charge. Perhaps the coolest feature? The remote is built into the earphones themselves. Audio plays when you put them in your ear, and pause when you take them out. Want to change the song or make a call? Double tap to use Siri. Apple has always found unique and convenient ways around functionality issues, and the Airpods are no exception.
The Airpods have the most outstanding build quality. These arenâ€™t cheap plastic earphones, theyâ€™re made of solid plastic. Not the kind that come in different parts and pieces that tend to break, but moulded to look minimalist and elegant. Unlike the wired version, the ends of these earphones tend to stick out a little more, to help with both the signal and the microphone quality. We were really impressed by the durability and resilience of the material, and the case just sold us even further with its storage, portability, and charging capabilities.
In reviewing sound quality, the Airpods receive high marks all around. These are leagues better than your average EarPods that come with every iPhone, with some reviewers comparing it to a night and day difference. It may not compete toe to toe against other earphones in the price range, but none will have Appleâ€™s sleek design and branding.
Jaybird X3 Sport Bluetooth Headset
- MINI WIRELESS BUDS - The X3 Headphones by Jaybird are designed to be as small as possible without sacrificing performance and looks
- UNIVERSAL SECURE FIT -The patented silicone ear fins securely attach to the top and back/lower surface areas of the ear for a snug fit, locking the earbuds in during workouts and intense physical activities; Includes multiple sizes of silicon and Comply tips for maximum noise isolation, fit, and comfort
- SWEAT PROOF - Built to last with a sleek yet rugged design, the X3 Headphones are great for sports, workouts, and all weather conditions; Their hydrophobic nano coating will keep moisture away, whether it's sweat, rain, or snow
- LONG BATTERY LIFE - Don't let a low battery interrupt your day; The X3 has an 8 hour battery life; 15 minutes of charging gives you a full hour of playtime, so you'll always be ready for anything; Operation : Operating: 32º F: 113º F (0º C: 45º C ; Storage: 14º F: 122º F ( 10º C: 50º C)
- PERSONALIZED SOUNDS - The MySound App allows you to tweak and customize the sound of your X3 headphones for a personalized experience, and save them for later as a profile
Finally we have the Jaybird X3 Sport Bluetooth Headset, a popular favorite by many publications and audiophiles alike. These headphones are about three things: portability, performance, and design. The Jaybird succeeds in all three areas. These headphones feature a typical silicone eartip design that goes in your ear canal, and a plastic wingtip that follows the contour of your ear shape. Theyâ€™re connected by a cinch that goes around your neck, with a remote control on one side.
The RE400 IEMs feature a typical silicone earbud that fits inside your ear, with a silver matte casing around the drivers. These materials are rugged and sweatproof, which means the coating will prevent moisture buildup during workouts or rainy days. One reviewer even mentioned leaving it in a washing machine, only to find that the headphones were unscathed after the cycle. For exercising or long runs, these earphones get our vote.
The Jaybird provide a great sound signature for any genre. The balance between bass, mids, and lows is perfectly balanced. The low end punches and booms as expected, while the mids stayed strong and clear throughout. Compared to other headphones, these get loud. A companion app even lets you manipulate various presets to achieve just the sound youâ€™re looking for.
These headphones are perfect for any situation. If youâ€™re looking for a well-rounded option at a modest price, the Jaybird X3 may be your best bet.