On-ear headphones are back in ‘fashion’ now. Of course, they were the predecessors to wired headphones and more utility oriented. But today, these bad boys have turned stylish, more of a fashion quotient and has a great appeal to the sound geeks as well as public in general. Today I have painstakingly picked out some of the best wireless on ear headphones that can rock your world. I would recommend trying them out and looking for what appeals to your taste and budget. Cheers!
Table of Contents
- DIGITAL NOISE CANCELATION: Industry leading noise canceling eliminates distracting background noises
- SMART LISTENING: Quickly detects your activity to automatically adjust the ambient sounds you hear
- QUICK ATTENTION MODE: Cover the right ear cup to turn down your music for instant, easy conversation; Battery Charge Time: Approx. 4 hours
- TOUCH CONTROL: Skip a track, change the volume and take or make calls just by touching a headphone
- FAST CHARGING: Enjoy up to 30 hrs of cordless NC and a 10 min quick charge for 70 more mins of play.Frequency Response (Active Operation):4 Hz-40,000 Hz
The Sony WH-1000XM2 is an excellent noise canceling wireless on ear headphones with atmospheric pressure optimizing, ambient sound control, an equalizer and surround and sound position control. The is rated up to 30 hours with wireless and noise canceling on or up to 40 hours if used as a wired connection. There is a Quick Charge feature that gives you up to 70 minutes of battery life from 10 minutes of charging and can be charged via standard Micro-USB.
The touch controls are located on the right ear cup for adjusting the volume, controlling playback, answering and ending calls. There is a noise-canceling optimizer, which can be accessed from an app or by pressing a physical button on the left earcup. It tweaks the noise-canceling settings based on the type of seal required from your headphones. The headphone’s sound profile can be customized via EQ settings in the app and can even be set the headphone to filter out ambient noise. Overall, the Sony WH-1000XM2 has a punchy bass, good detail and natural-sounding, present midrange which makes it pleasant to hear.
Bose SoundLink II Wireless on ear headphones
- Deep, immersive sound, improved EQ best in class performance for wireless headphones
- Latest Bluetooth technology for easy connectivity and seamless audio/video syncs
- Advanced microphone system, HD voice for clear calls in windy or noisy environments
- Up to 15 hours play time with rechargeable lithium ion battery,Ear cushion:9.6 cm H x 7.4 cm W
- Switch between two Bluetooth devices so you can watch a video while staying connected to your smartphone.Wireless range up to 30 ft (9 meter)
The Bose SoundLink II Wireless on ear headphone has a sleek, wireless design and delivers an incredibly comfortable listening experience. With a well-crafted, and comfortable padding on the headband, these headphones has a premium eye catching appeal.
Combined with a lightweight design the wireless on-ear headphones have an efficient control scheme. It has call/music, track-skipping, and volume controls. The buttons are located on the ear cups and deliver good feedback. These headphones have an excellent, deep-punchy bass, a clear and flawless mid-range, and a good, well-balanced treble. This makes them suitable for a wide variety of genres, from bass-heavy EDM and Hip-hop, to vocal-centric rock and pop. The Bose SoundLink II Wireless on ear headphone has a great microphone, which can record speech with good detail.
Overall, the Bose SoundLink II wireless on ear headphone simply is one of the best headphones you can own at an affordable price and offers decent value for money.
- Active Noise Cancelling Technology -- Mpow H5 Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones can effectively reduces the noise of city traffic, plane cabin or hubbub. It enables you to enjoy immersive auditory experience even in noisy environments.
- Upgraded Soft Ear Cushions -- Professional protein earpads, 90° swiveling earcups and adjustable headband deliver better durability and comfort. Mpow Active noise cancelling headphones with the lightweight design is comfortable for all-day wearing.
- 30Hours Ultra Long Battery -- Mpow Noise Cancelling Headphones adopt Built-in battery provides up to 30 hours of music (360 songs) /call or you can connect the Bluetooth headphones with the included audio cable when the battery's low.
- Feel Superior Bass in Beat -- Mpow H5 Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones use dual 40mm drivers and advanced CSR Bluetooth chip to brings balanced midbass and bright treble for you. A built-in CVC6.0 microphone guarantees hands-free calls in clear voice.
- Improve Durability -- 1. We had updated the material of headband which has successfully passed the 10000+ bending test. 2. We have improved the clamping force of the H5 noise cancelling headphones for better comfort. 3. Suitable for most sizes of heads.
The Mpow H5 is a great wireless on ear headphone with active noise cancelation and a cozy performance. It has an impressive sound quality with active noise cancellation. The bass is punchy and the treble is even with vocals sounding just the right way – with clarity. If you are a fan of hip-hop music, then H5 is your companion and the noise cancellation proves to be excellent while travelling in subways as well as crowded areas.
With an over headband and on—ear cups, the padding is ample to give you a complete seal. It fits perfectly without much pressure on the ears and stays there even while moving. However, this is not suitable while working out in a gym. It has a simple control panel: a switch to turn noise canceling on and off, a play/pause button, and 2 volume buttons. You can also double tap the volume buttons to skip tracks forward and back. The H5 can be used with a smartphone and can run on iOS phones allowing you to summon virtual assistants like Siri by holding the play/pause button. The lightweight headphone weighs only 8 ounces and can fold easily into the included semi-hard carrying case. One of the cheapest yet good quality wirelesses on ear headphone in the market, this one is worth trying
Beats Studio3 Wireless on ear headphones
- Pure adaptive noise canceling (pure ANC) actively blocks external noise
- Real-time Audio calibration preserves a Premium listening experience
- Up to 22 hours of battery life enables full-featured all-day wireless playback
- Apple W1 chip for class 1 wireless Bluetooth connectivity & battery efficiency
- With fast Fuel, a 10-minute charge gives 3 hours of play when battery is low.Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
The Beats Studio3 Wireless remains one of the best wireless on-ear headphones with noise-canceling features. What’s new is the Apple’s W1 chip that makes connecting the headphone to Apple devices very simple and delivers better battery life of 22 hours though it may vary with volume levels. If you turn off noise canceling then it goes up to 40 hours. And the Beats Fast Fuel feature gives you three hours of playback from just 10 minutes of charging. For non-Apple Bluetooth audio devices the headphone does not disappoint but it feels good with Apples products – a slight better audio delivery.
The Beats Studio3 Wireless has a good bass without being overpowering or boomy and is relatively well-balanced headphones. It is more dynamic compared to its predecessor, a good and has a bit more open soundstage for instrumental sound. The upgrade in noise canceling is more pronounced and is proprietary to Beats with noise cancelling technology called – Pure Adaptive Noise Canceling or Pure ANC. This feature constantly monitors your environment and calibrates the noise canceling to the sound around you.
The headphone also has a microphone on the inside of each earcup to calibrate the noise canceling to the fit of the headphone and is almost good for muffling voices in an open office environment. You can also use the headset for making phone calls without needing to talk loudly.
SkullCandy Uproar Wireless on ear Headphones
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- 10 hours of battery life
- Plush on-ear cushions
- Microphone with call, track, and volume control
- 2 year warranty
The SkullCandy Uproar wireless on ear headphones is available in four-color combinations of black, orange/navy, red/gray, or white/gray. It is an on-ear wireless headphone with a stylish matte plastic look and the perforated earpads are sufficiently cushioned to make you feel comfortable. The pair has a very secure, lightweight fit and Skullcandy has managed to keep the controls simple. It has a plus and minus buttons control volume levels and track navigation and a central multifunction button controls playback, call management, and power/pairing.
Skullcandy Uproar has a battery life of approximately 10 hours depending upon your volume levels. It has a bass-boosted sound with high-mid and high frequency presence. This gives enough high-mid presence to vocals and plenty of treble edge. The sub-bass synth hits is more powerful than you would expect from a small, affordable headphone pair.
Overall, the Skullcandy Uproar does not disappoint. Worth every penny and a must buy!